Chapter 42: The baby

(It's been a rough week and it's only going downhill from here! So thanks for reading the story that I write to make myself feel better and apparently makes a lot of you guys feel better too!

-WARNING, Y/N'S MA IS BIRTHING A CHILD, I WON'T GO INTO GREAT DETAIL, BUT I WILL GET THE PROPER PROCEDURE DOWN, SO IF YOU'RE UNCOMFY ABOUT THAT STUFF, BE WARNED, YOU MAY HAVE TO SKIP A LITTLE PART!-

CAMILO'S PERSPECTIVE:

(Time skip brought to you by bandaids, they were the true magic when we were kids.)

Y/n and her mom had grown farther and farther apart as the due date came closer. Y/n was pacing my bedroom, grabbing at the air like my mom did and hissing under her breath. She was scary.

"All she cares about is getting ready for the baby, she doesn't even talk to me anymore! I tried to communicate with her but she keeps running away with a new excuse, the latest one being 'I don't think we have enough cloth diapers ready!' I can't do it anymore, it was just like I told you, I'm being replaced!" I sighed.

"I'm sorry you're feeling this way Hermosa,"

"Hmph," No response.

"ARGH, what can I do to make you happy again?!" I asked, getting fed up, this had gone on for long enough, it couldn't be healthy.

"..." Tears formed in her eyes.

"Ah, don't cry Princesa, I didn't mean to yell, I just want to see that smile that's gone into hiding," I said, gently pulling her into a soft hug.

"It's not you, I realized that you've been listening to me go on and on about my problems and you're just now saying something," She said, hugging me back.

"Of course I listened, you deserve to get things off your chest, but I think we should do something fun to get your mind off of things," I said.

"Ok, I'm listening," She said.

"We should go look at my baby pictures together," Instand regret hit me as soon as the words left my mouth.

"Really?" Y/n asked, looking up at me with a big smile.

"Yeah-"

"I've got all 56 books piled up and ready!" My mom crashed into my room pushing back the loose strands of hair that had fallen onto her face. She was breathing heavily. She tried a casual stance.

"Dolores told me the second you suggested it, Camilo. Are you ready to see all the secret baby pictures?!" She asked enthusiastically.

"There are MORE?!" I ran a hand down my face while Y/n skipped up to my mom.

"We're ready!" She said, following Pepa out. I grumbled hair supplies for Dolores's sake before following behind.

... (Time skip brought to you by how terrible pictures taken from the present vs. pictures from a year(s) ago look.)

"And here he was getting into Abuela's birthday cake just before the party started, I still remember how hard we all laughed when Abuela turned her nose up at the half-eaten cake when it was presented to her!" I sat there, listening to stories I had forgotten for good reason.

"Here he was when we gave him his ceremony outfit. He was so grumpy because he didn't like how it fitted tightly, it's part of the reason why he wears what he does,"

"What's wrong with what I wear?" I asked.

"Oh, nothing dear," I rolled my eyes.

"It's coming!" Bruno barged into the room holding out a vision which he quickly hid again.