Xiao

It had been about a year since me and Venti started dating. Ventis mom married the school librarian and had moved in with her and her adopted son son Razor. My cousins parents passed and she was sent to live with us. Shes about 7 years old and her name is Qiqi. Qiqi also had some form or memory loss that she is going to therapy for. Childe escaped jail about a month back. He still writes letters every day practically but Zhongli refuses to let us read them. Deep down he still loves Childe probably it's honestly been hard seeing him like this. But Qiqi being here has taken his mind off of it and given him some new form of happiness in his life. Yanfei is now attending law school while Ganyu and I are still attending the same high school. Because of venti moving in with his mom's new wife he was out of our district so he was at a new school system. Without him it had been super gloomy for sure. Ather and his sister left to travel the globe together. All I had was really Hu tao xingqiu and chongyun. Which I hated all of them. Mostly. Chongyun and Xingqiu never come to lunch anymore. Probably making out in the bathroom.Hu Tao doesn't really sit with me often either.School obviously just sucked in general but other than that it was fine I still got to see Venti occasionally.

It was finally Friday. Me and Venti were having a sleepover. We usually didn't get to hang out together just the two of us that often. I was glad to have some alone time with him for once if we did hang out it was usually in a group. Venti still hadn't told his moms we were dating but it was getting increasingly obvious at this point I wouldn't be surprised if she knew. Once I arrived I knocked on the door. Venti opened it. "XIAOXIAO YOUR HERE!" He exclaimed throwing his arms around my neck. "Hey Ven." I said. He let go of me."Do you need help carrying some of that stuff?" He asked. "Nah I'll be fine." I said as I hoisted up my bags over my shoulders. "If you say so XiaoXiao." He exclaimed as he stepped aside to let me in. "After you." Venti said giving a bow.  "Wow how generous." I said as I rolled my eyes. "Oh you know you love me." Venti said as he shut the door behind us. I saw Jean standing in the kitchen and Ventis sister's sitting on the couch. No sign of his new mom and brother though. Venti and I went to his room. I hoisted everything onto ventis bed. "Oh by the way Lisa is out at work until late and Razor is probably in his room playing something with Bennett." Venti said. "Oh that's fine." I said. "I wish we could stay at your house considering mom doesn't know I'm dating you and it's gonna be harder to keep a low profile but everybody at your house knows." Venti said as he flopped onto his bed on his back. "I'm sorry we can't go as ofte-" I started. "Xiao there's no need to apologize of anything I should have already told Mom." Venti interjected as he sat up "It's fine if your not ready you know." I said. It felt weird to see him unsure of himself for once in his life. I went over and sat next to him. He put his hand in mine. Venti sighed.

"Well while your here it's worth a try"

A/N: friendly reminder that Venti isn't afraid of his mom not supporting him being gay just the fear that she won't like Xiao or support him dating anybody and make them keep out of contact etc.