The Best Babysitter Ever!

You and Michael were sitting directly across from one another. You felt awkwardness settle over you, but luckily Elizabeth was there to break the ice.

"Mm!" She shot you a beaming smile. "Y/N! You're such a good cook!"

You rubbed the back of your neck, letting out a small laugh. "Well, actually-"

"They sure are, aren't they, Lizzie?" Michael cut you off. "Maybe our babysitter can make fish and chips for lunch."

You shot him a glare, which he returned with a smug grin.

"I do like fish and chips..." Evan said quietly.

"Well now," You cut in, trying to save yourself. "We can't be thinking about lunch just yet! We're eating breakfast. Speaking of which, I thought you ate already?"

You gestured to Michael, who was scarfing down one of his eggs. "Mm?" He shook his head. "Earlier I just grabbed a snack. I was going to just wait until lunch, but who can pass up beans on toast?"

"Y/N, if you're here all day, what do your siblings do?" Elizabeth piped up. You wondered where she got all of her energy from.

"Actually, I don't have siblings." You admitted. "Truth be told, I'm kind of jealous. I mean, I always wanted siblings of my own..."

"Well if you want, you can keep Michael." Elizabeth said nonchalantly. "I'd rather have Evan as a brother."

Heat rose to your cheeks. Imagery of you and Michael played in your mind for a moment before you shoved the thoughts aside.

"You'd rather have a crybaby younger brother than a cool older one?" Michael asked, crossing his arms.

"Don't call him a crybaby." You interjected, shooting a glare.

"Why can't Y/N just be a sibling to all of us?" Evan asked, bringing the focus onto himself. "I mean, that way nobody is left out..."

"That's a great idea!" Elizabeth bounced up and down in her seat, her sparkling eyes falling on you. "Y/N! You can be our oldest sibling and babysitter!"

Michael scoffed. "Come on, guys. You can't just welcome whoever you want into the family."

"Then we can pretend!" Elizabeth switched from bouncing in her seat to swinging her legs wildly. "After we're done eating we can play house!"

"What is 'house'?" You asked, tilting your head to one side. Was this another one of those sibling things? Or was it just a little kid thing...

Evan took a sip of his tea before answering. "It's playing pretend, like we're grownups."

"Some of us don't have to pretend to be grownups, you know." Michael cut in.

You gave him a mischievous smile. "Some of us are 18 and have a babysitter. That's not very 'grownup' of you."

Instead of arguing, Michael took a long drink from his cup while glaring daggers at you.

"Y/N's right! Michael can play pretend with us too! He can be the daddy and Y/N can be the mommy!"

You blushed. Michael choked.

It took him a minute to catch his breath. "What!? Where the hell did you get that idea from, Liz?"

"Well, mommy's are always super responsible, just like Y/N! They can teach you to be a good daddy, and Evan and I can be the kids!"

You could've sworn you saw a hint of red on his cheeks. Michael picked up his empty dishes and made his way to the sink. "Hell no. I'm not playing any of your childish games. Especially not with them." He shot you a look.

And with that, you were back to square one. You really thought you made some progress in getting closer to him, but here he was, pushing you away once again.

"Maybe we can play later, okay?" You did your best to de-escalate the situation. "Besides, you need to shower, remember?"

You picked up your own plate, walking past Michael to dispose of it in the sink. As you walked back to the table, you could've sworn you heard him grumble out a small, "sorry." When you turned back to look at him, he was already walking out of the kitchen. Maybe you were just hearing things.

You cleaned up the kids' dishes and told them to go shower. Michael had returned once again to his room, leaving you alone in the living room. Your eyes flicked to the picture frame from before, and you were left wondering what happened to Mrs. Afton. Maybe they had divorced, but you tried to think positively.

With a soft sigh, you sat down on the couch once more, turning on the television this time. Some soap opera played, though you didn't pay much attention to it. Something about a vampire denying a son was his...

You felt someone tap your leg after a few minutes passed by. It was Evan. You could tell he just got out of the shower. He changed out of his pajamas into a black shirt with two gray stripes going across them and a pair of blue shorts. His brown hair was damp and sticking to his forehead. In his arms was the Fredbear plush you saw yesterday.

"Um, Y/N, would you brush my hair please?" He wouldn't meet your eyes. "Normally Michael would do it for me, but he says he doesn't want to..."

He pulled a small black brush out of his shorts pocket. You couldn't help the smile that crossed your face as you took it from him. "Sure thing, bud. How about you sit on the floor in front of me?"

Evan did as you said, sitting down in front of you and faced the television. You scooted to the edge of the couch and began brushing through his hair. It was soft, and curled a little near the ends. There were only a few tangles and you were done in no time.

You smiled as you remembered how your mom used to do the same for you. The feeling of the brush going through your hair was always so calming, and something about having someone else do it for you made the experience so much better. You brushed through his hair a few more times before considering it done.

"There you go, Evan. All better?"

He turned back to you, and you felt tears prick the corners of your eyes. He gave you a huge smile before pulling you into a hug. "Thank you, Y/N! You're the best babysitter ever!"

With that, he let you go and dashed off, probably back to his room. You set the brush down next to you, staring at it for a moment before there was another tap on your leg.

"Y/N!" It was Elizabeth this time. "You brushed Evan's hair, now you have to brush mine too!"

You giggled a little at her demands, but you did as you were told.