juukyu

"OH," FRIDA SAID, her tone rather confused. How was she suppose to answer to that story?

"Wow, that is a lot." Was all she gave, going to take a sip of her drink to look away from her friend. It was a rather awkward confrontation now.

She looked over at Mayumi, the woman leaning back in the booth hand tapping to a random rhythm on the table. There wasn't much emotion after she just spilled her story. And it was a rather gruesome story. Frida grimaced, realizing how much Mayumi had changed.

"I feel as though saying sorry isn't really enough to help with what you went through." Mayumi looked off to the side, glancing around the street of the market they sat at.

"Hearing everyone say their sorry is not the issue. The issue is people thinking that you ended up fragile afterwards." Mayumi took a sip of her hot chocolate. "I get most of the time someone might, but here I am with my own mafia. I find joy in proving people wrong honestly."

"But going through something like that must've done something to you! How are you just going to say you aren't disturbed by it?" Frida exclaimed, her voice rising a bit in anguish.

"I never said I wasn't. Frida, I have a service dog to help calm me down when I get flashbacks or something. It wasn't something I can just forget."

"Than why are going along with your mafia? You're just stringing along and looking back at what happened to you. You didn't practically leave the environment."