Chapter 61

Author's POV

The picnic day was a success and is very memorable to the four. They spent the evening at the amusement park, watching the fireworks display while also enjoying their candied strawberry skewers. After that, they went home and gave each other farewells as they parted. Seoyeon was welcomed by her friends when she entered the apartment and they were so happy to receive their souvenirs. She then went to get ready for the evening. Ironed her working clothes, prepared the folders and weekly planner, and rechecked the emails of Namjoon's appointments — that's how she spent the rest of her evening before going to bed. Her friends didn't bother to ask her about the picnic, because they know that she still has lots of things to do.

Couple of days have passed and Namjoon still kept his promise of being her service car to work and back home. They were not able to have set up dates together because of Namjoon's hectic schedule, which also affects Seoyeon's schedule. In addition to that, the gala is already tomorrow and Seoyeon still haven't prepared the dress that she'll be wearing. Namjoon knows, that's why they are currently on their way to one of his trusted designers in town. Seoyeon doesn't know where they are heading, because she is too focused on answering the phone call about the gala tomorrow. All she knows is that they will head to the Convention Center later and all she wants is to make sure everything is settled before they get there.

"Yes, that will do.... No, Mr. Kim doesn't like that. Change it to a darker tone.... Okay, thank you. We'll be there later, so please settle everything." She spoke to the phone before ending the call.

Namjoon glanced at her and noticed her being tensed, so he held her hand with his free hand, while the other is steering the wheel. Seoyeon exhaled deeply and flaunted a faint smile as she faced him. He then lifted her hand and kissed the back of it, thinking it might ease her even just a little.

"You seemed so stressed, love." He mentioned worriedly, caressing the back of her hand while his eyes were focused on the road. "Did something happened at the venue?" He further asked.

"Everything is fine. There were just problems with the decorations. The motif is silver and gold, however, they used gray since there is no silver available. Then some other stuff. But don't worry, we were able to fix it." She assured to Namjoon.

"You never fail to amaze me, you know that?" He then smiled as he glance at her, "Thank you for helping me with the matters at the company, love. I appreciate and love you very much."

"It's part of my job as your secretary, but I'm happy to hear that from you. Thank you for appreciating me, love. And of course, I love you." She replied lovingly to him.

It sure is exhausting to be his secretary, because it felt as if you are also being his half with every task he has at the company. When Namjoon is busy to attend important meetings, Seoyeon will be the one to takegis place instead and attend the meeting. It's not the hard part yet, because the hard part is when she has to decide on something big, in his behalf. However, through the years of working with Namjoon, she got to master the skills of Namjoon's decision-making process and since then, it became a little easier for her to do so.

"Where are heading though? This is not the way to the Convention Center." She said as she looked around.

"We're going to get your dress for tomorrow." He uttered and took a left turn, getting closer to the boutique.

"Right, my dress. I almost forgot about it, goodness! I was too busy with the preparation to even think of it. I'm so sorry, love." She apologized because she doesn't want him to think that she is not putting value on his invitation.

"Hey, it's alright. I know you've been very busy with the venue and preparations. Helping you get your dress is the least I can do to help you. Besides, we haven't had any time alone together after the picnic. Let's make the most of this short trip."