The proof

Fairy tail fanfiction. I do not own fairytail.

*************************************

Everyone at Fairy tail knew how much Natsu liked Lucy. And everyone knew how much Lucy liked Natsu. It was obvious. But they would never admit it. They would just brush it off saying that they were just friends.

I guess everyone knew the moment he opened the guild doors and brought the blonde princess through with him. He was smiling like nobody had ever seen him smile before. Like all the hatred and anger in the world had left and floated away.

Sadly the peace did not last long as he started a huge fight with Grey that got way out of hand.

Everyone was so shocked when he walked in with Lucy. Fairy tail was Natsu's home. And Natsu never brought girls home to meet his family. NEVER.

We all knew at that moment that she was different. She was the exception.

Months passed and nothing happened between them. Everyone in Fairy tail waited patiently but nothing extreme ever did.

There were those moments when you would think that they were about to kiss or confess but they never got far before one would just say "never mind"

Sometimes one of us would catch a glimpse of a blush or a longing look at the other person but it never got further.

A few time people even heard one of them whispering over there breath about the other.

Just yesterday Mira had overheard Lucy muttering about how "Someone that cute can't be so oblivious".

Two weeks before Grey had asked Natsu what he thought about Lucy to see if he could get anything out of him.

After hearing this from Grey, Natsu's face went scarlet and he shouted at Grey to "mind his own business" whilst he was running away.

Grey simply looked over at the interested Guild members and shook his heads. They got back to what they were doing, knowing that nothing had been uncovered.

Today was the day after Mira had overheard Lucy muttering about Natsu. She smiled as she remembered the blush that had crept onto the blondes face as she had said it. She sighed and wished that one day they would confess to each other.

A loud bang sounded from the entrance of the guild and Natsu burst through with Happy hot on his heels. He scanned the room for a second; looking for Lucy. When he noticed that she still hadn't arrived yet he sighed and walked over to me at the bar.

"I'm starving Mira" he said as he reached into his pocket and got out his brown wallet "can I have as much as you can give me"

I sighed. He always ate a lot. " I want the same" Happy told me.

"Okay" I agreed and went off to the kitchen to make breakfast for Natsu and Happy.

Once I had finished and had served them there food they gobbled it down in minutes. Natsu paid for the food and then put his wallet down on the table.

He leaned into me and asked me "where's Lucy?" I smiled, it seemed like his mind was always thinking about her.

"She hasn't come in yet" I answer. He got of the stool and said goodbye.

"Where are you going?" I called to him.
"Where do you think?" He answered back.

Lucy's. I sighed again. He always loved to Go to Lucy's apartment. None of us had found out why but it seemed like even though he had a perfectly comfy bed at his house he still sneaks into Lucy's room ever night to nuzzle up to her.

Lucy shouts at him every morning but she always smiles after as if hating the idea of not waking up to him by her side every day.

I cleaned the plates away and then walked back to the bar. Suddenly I notice something on the bar that isn't suppose to be there.

Something brown. A wallet. Natsu's wallet. No pick it up so that I can put it somewhere safe until he returned to collect it.

There's a loud bang as someone over the other side of the room drops a cup. I drop the wallet in surprise. It falls to the floor quickly. I look down and gasp.

When I had dropped the wallet it had opened to reveal something I wasn't suppose to see. Tucked into the picture second of his wallet was a very small picture. A very obvious picture of a girl with brown eyes and golden blonde hair smiling up at me.