010

nova — peter parker

chapter ten: normal (super)human activities

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

The youngest Maximoff was startled out of her peaceful nap on her couch when three loud knocks rang throughout her apartment. Tiredly, Arabella flicked her wrist, violet ropes of light zooming towards the door and unlocking it before pulling it open. She dropped her hand over her forehead, deeply inhaling the fresh scent of lavender that must've come from her diffuser ( now that it finally started to work after Arabella had randomly freaked out while thinking about her brother and shot her magic at it ).

     Confused when she didn't hear any footsteps padding through her doorway, she lifted her head up to find Peter dumbstruck outside of her apartment.

     "Sorry." Wide-eyed, the boy rushed in. "Still, uh . . .  getting used to that, I guess."

     "Trust me," she let a tiny laugh escape her lips, uncontrollably smiling at the teenager. "Took me a while, too."

     Peter nodded, still dazed ( as always ), then shook his head as if clearing his mind of all things unimportant.

     "Look," he started, advancing further into the apartment. Arabella raised an eyebrow. "So, with all the stuff you told me about . . . y'know, HYDRA and all . . . I was — I thought that, y'know, maybe you'd wanna do the . . . normal stuff? Like — I don't know, get ice cream or something?" He then paused, looking at the girl with a sort of accusing tone of voice, and said, "You have had ice cream, right?"

     She sheepishly smiled. "It was rare in Sokovia . . ."

     "No," simply stated Peter. He marched forward, grabbed her forearm, and led her out of her home, starting down the hallway toward the elevator. "You're coming with me, we're gonna get ice cream, and we're gonna . . . I don't know, live? Be teenagers, yes!"

     "You're so over-enthusiastic," Arabella murmured, shaking her head. When his gaze shot to her with a look of offense, she quickly added, "It's okay, though. It makes up for my lack of enthusiasm."

     "Yeah, that was one of the first things I noticed about you."

     "What's the other?"

     "Your eyes. They have, like, a purple sparkle in them. I like it, it's pretty."

     Arabella smiled in appreciation. There was a light feeling in her heart — as if she could fly away right now, tear through the twelve building stories above her and soar through the air, all without her powers. The brunette had never felt this way before; she simply dismissed it as her reaction to being complimented. All her life, she was disciplined by her parents, disciplined by her siblings, disciplined by HYDRA. Right now, she felt the way she did when the woman called her a hero during the fight against Ultron — just amplified by about ten notches.