18

It's been a while since Nick left. We're trying to finish our episode of Euphoria but keep getting interrupted. First it was Nick, then it was Jordan and Matt, and then it was Jordan again.

My phone buzzes from my sweatshirt pocket. What now? I wasn't going to answer until I heard the second buzz, then a third, and a fourth. I sigh as I pull my phone out, still pinging from all the notifications.

Noah

holy shit
river
i just got home and spencer was in the kitchen and i just smoked
what if he could tell
are you home?

why is he home?
are mom and dad coming home?
and no i'm not home

no he said they must have forgotten to tell us
i texted them and they're still going to be in seattle until thursday
and i don't know why he's home

should i come home

i don't know
i told him you were with jordan

good
i'll leave in a few minutes

ok

Why is he home when my parents aren't? "I should probably go, I have school tomorrow." I say rolling onto my stomach. I'm being honest, it's not why I have to leave but I do have school tomorrow.

"Are your parents still out of town?" He asks.

"Yep."

I give him a quick kiss and get out of bed. "So that means you're not actually going tomorrow, are you?" He laughs.

"Only half of the day, I have a meeting with an agent after." I say grabbing my phone off of the bed and my dress from last night that was draped over his chair.

"For what?" He asks, sitting up.

"Modeling, ok I have to go for real now." I look around the room to check if I left anything else before exiting the room.

I didn't even give him the chance to walk me out. I don't want anymore questions to be asked.

***

I walk in the door and Spencer is sitting at the kitchen table.

"Oh hey Spence." I say, acting as if I didn't know he was going to be here. He knows that Noah and I didn't know he was coming. I don't want him to know Noah texted me. I didn't want it to seem like it was a big deal. This is his house too.

"Hey River!" He says as he gets up from the stool he was sitting on.

I walk over towards him and pull each other in for a hug. "I missed you, how come you're here? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you are I just didn't know you were coming."

He laughs, "I know what you meant. Yeah Mom and Dad and I had this planned for a couple of weeks. I'm just here for two nights for a convention."

"What convention?"

"Something my sponsor asked me to go to."

"Oh nice."

"What's goin on with you? What's new?" He asks.