Chapter 32: My heart

Raine Simmons- Blackwood

"Why did you do that?"

"What?" I shrugged, glancing at him.

He was so focused on cleaning the wound that He frowned, biting his lip, something he does when he does a work with much concentration and interest.

I told him that it would heal in no time but he was adamant about it and I had no interest in fighting over a petty matter as such.

"You should have chosen him." He mumbled, dodging my stare.

I pulled my hand away from him. His frown deepened as I averted my gaze.

"I think you should leave, your majesty. It's getting late."

"Well, technically it's…" he trailed off, looking at his watch. "Two in the morning and I don't mind."

I rolled my eyes before turning back to him. "But I do. Now, leave."

"There's nothing more you wanted to tell me?" His eyebrow shot up.

I groaned, pushing back my messy hair, away from my forehead. He kept looking at me, with an amused look.

"I will when you start trusting me."

He walked up to me, Standing so close, he glared as he spoke. "If you want me to trust you, all I want you to be, is real and honest. Believe me when I say, trust can become very expensive, especially if it's invested in the wrong person and I had my fair share of experience."

He sighed, looking at me before he took the jacket from the top of the chair and walked out of my home, into the dark.

Releasing the breath I didn't realise I was holding, I dragged my feet to the door and bolted it shut.
Leaning against the soft oakwood door, I closed my eyes.

"But, all I wanted was just your trust, your majesty, even If the whole world was against me. Is that too much to ask for? My bad. I am tired and I don't really have it in me to continue further."

Turning off the lights, I reached the stairs. I sighed "Soon I'll move away, far away from these things and focus on myself and my life."

With one last glance at the door and the shadows of the things in the living room, I climbed the stairs. But something made me stop midway. I turned around.

My eyes immediately found the metal knob of the door. A minute passed by but I couldn't avert my gaze from it.

What was I expecting? Or rather, who was I expecting?
Why was I feeling this way? Was I expecting him to come back?

Nah!

But, why would he? I threw him out of my house, in the middle of the night.

Amidst my on going thoughts, It was as if my legs had a mind of their own, I found myself walking towards the door and this time, rather than waiting for a knock on my door, I opened it.