06

Kaia was sitting in her trailer when Taylor called her. It had been a tiring day of filming, but she was honestly glad that at least it didn't involve any big wigs and heavy dresses. She would get a break from those costumes for another few months and as much as she loved working on The Lady in Waiting, getting to act in a pair of jeans and a hoodie was much more fun. She did have to bleach her hair unevenly for the role though, and every single time she FaceTimed her girlfriend, the singer would burst out laughing for at least three whole minutes.

This time though, she only got thirty seconds of laughter, which was concerning.

"Are you done?" Kaia chuckled lightly and Taylor shook her head, rubbing her face tiredly.

"No, I'm never going to get used to you as a bleached blonde. A horribly done job, at that!"

"My character's edgy!"

Taylor lips quirked in a small, entertained smile. "How did you not laugh at me when we first met?"

Kaia shrugged, thinking back to that phase Taylor went through over a year ago. Bleachella, people had started calling it, and Kaia would tease Taylor senseless about it until she had learned that the character she was playing was also going through an edgy phase.

"Frankly, I found it attractive," Kaia admitted and then, when realisation hit, she narrowed her eyes at Taylor. "Are you saying it looks horrible on me?"

"Actually, it looks hot. Like, it suits you a lot better than it did me," Taylor told her only for the young actress to scoff and roll her eyes.

"Then, why do you keep laughing at me?" Kaia pouted, running her hand through her perfectly coiffed hair to fluff it up. She spent a good minute staring at her reflection on the screen, trying to decide on how to part her hair. Eventually, though, she just let her hair flop with a middle section, giving up entirely. She would leave it to the hair artist to fix it before her next scene.

"It just looks funny!"

"Funny... and hot?"

"You've just perfectly described yourself," Taylor told her with a huge grin, one that Kaia wanted to smack right off her face. With her own lips.

"Don't listen to her, Kaia. The hair looks greaaaaat!"

Kaia raised her eyebrows in surprise when the blonde head of hair that belonged to the supermodel appeared on screen. "Oh, hey, Karlie! I didn't know you were there."

"Yeah, we kind of got a little drunk last night, so Karlie stayed over," Taylor explained.

"Oh, right," Kaia chuckled, fluffing up her hair once more. "I hope you had fun."

Taylor shared a look with her friend and snorted.

"Yeah, we spent the night talking shit about my douchebag of a boyfriend, so, that was great," Karlie told her, taking another glance at Taylor.

Kaia wasn't exactly comfortable with that look.

"Cinq minutes, Kaia!" [Five minutes]

"That's my cue," the actress sighed, getting up from her couch. "Tay?"

"Yeah?"