ajak's betrayal

┏━━━━ ◦𑁍◦ ━━━━┓
"What if I told you
I feel like I know
you? But we
never met."
┗━━━━ ◦𑁍◦ ━━━━┛

•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•

•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•

1953:

Druig nestles his head into the crook of my neck as I stare at the cloth tent above us. I run my hand through his hair as he sleeps contently beside me.

I hear footsteps approaching and the door of the tent opens. I raise my hand defensively and protectively in front of Druig. I see Ikaris and Ajak at the opening and my face drops.

I look down to Druig and Ajak motions for me to follow her.

How did she know?

I slowly and gently slide out from under Druig's grasp. I step out of the tent slowly and quietly. "I'll be right back, my love."

Ikaris kicks at the charred wood and says "Quite the damage that happened here. A forest fire, hm?"

I look down to the ground and Ajak says "It's quite alright, Gaia. Come back to South Dakota with us. Phastos is willing to help you with a real cure.."

I look up surprised saying "What? No that's possible. I've been in contact with Phastos and he is still struggling to find a cure in his busy schedule-"

Ikaris says "We can fix your issues. So you don't have to do all of this anymore."

I sigh and say "I realize you see this as a dangerous risk but Druig and I have this under control. I trust him and he.."

Ikaris says "What will you do when you eventually murder him with your bare hands and don't realize until you return from your episode with his blood on your hands. You can live with that?"

My heart wrenches in pain as fear settles in. Ajak says "You're becoming more dangerous daily. Let Phastos cure you..."

I look back to the tent and say "And then I'll return to my family?"

Ikaris says "Of course. Then you can return to your crazy ass boyfriend."

I clear my throat saying "Husband.. Druig is my husband."

Ikaris' eyes widen and he says "Wow you really left us out of the loop."

"