24. In Preparation

Y/n was back to school. Much to her surprise, everyone are preparing for the hero licensing exam.

Everyone were riled up, each and everyone having their very own special movements with the upgrade of support items in their side.

Y/n was there to help out as well, mostly in combat lessons where she most likely excelled at amongst her friends. Knowing that this is their chance to save people at stake, Y/n was extra strict and more overbearing than she had usually done in the past.

Her face didn't have space for jokes and her movements really made her classmates such poor feeble punching bags.

"Aaaargh!" Ojiro started several attacks and combos with his tail, arms and feet as he tried to reach Y/n. The girl was really quick, dodging and even somersaulting away before charging back with fatal punches where Ojiro was open and undefended.

With a stomach punch, she followed it with an uppercut, sending the boy falling to his back as he panted harshly. He was so tired right now.

"That spar was really amazing Y/n." He praised, sending her a thumb's up.

Y/n nodded back. "Your punches are getting quite stronger. It's good. Maintain and add up strength properly.  You can add more than martial arts in your arsenal too. Also, we need to rise up endurance training." She suggested.

"Yes. That sounds cool." He replied.

After their classes were about to end, Class 1-B would be in preparation to take over the grounds and would see their neighbouring class groaning in pain, hardly trying to stand.

And in the middle of them was a girl that exudes such boss aura. She had on a black tight under shirt, showcasing her fit figure. The UA pe shirt was wrapped around her waist while beads of sweat was trickling down her chin.

The girl clapped twice. "Everyone's speed have gone through a little progress." She announced.

The little progress made everyone cheer half dead. Y/n could only sigh and helped each of them to stand. "We have roughly three minutes before Class 1-B takes over. By then, take your time to recover some breath." She said.

"Yes~" the classmates who are currently enduring bruises and pain sighed.

"Ackerman." Vlad called out.

Y/n approach him. "Yes sir?" She asked.

"I hope you didn't use all of that stamina of yours to your classmates. My class would be needing your tutelage in combat as well." He reminded.

"Of course. I will make sure it's the same as what they are doing." She guaranteed the class B advisor.

The students who heard it all turned pale. "W-wait, you're not seriously going to beat us up right?" Monoma asked.

"Hand to hand combat is one of the most essential skill to have as self defense where you can retaliate back." She replied. "Whether you're opponent is stronger, enhancing this skill will help you through times where your quirks might no longer be effective... so to answer your question, no. I will not beat you up. But I will be teaching you."

"That's basically the same thing."

Y/n gripped his shoulder and patted it. "Now, now, young man. It is different. Beating you up means hurting you for the purpose of my own, but teaching you, means you have to undergo pain to learn." She explained. "Don't worry, non of us died just because of hand to hand combat training. It's all part of being a hero."

"You sound old right now." Vlad commented.

Y/n gave him a determined look. "But the best way to learn is through pain. There is no other way." She replied.