Chapter 63 - Vine Liquid

Hearing the familiar voice from the children learning program, Su Ling smiled and sighed silently as he left the room. They really like learning very much. He looked down at the leaf in his hand and saw crystal clear liquid coming out of the cut edge. A faint scent came out, but soon he couldn't smell that scent anymore. It seemed to have mixed together with Xian Mo Yu’s fragrance or simply disappeared into thin air.

That makes him wondered, could it be the scent has assimilated with Xian Mo Yu's fragrance, or it has hidden itself? Thinking of Lóng Mo Téng's characteristic in disguising itself, he felt that these two guesses seemed possible. He took out a glass bottle and carefully collected the liquid, then turned to ask Gu Liheng's opinion.

Gu Liheng: "Try mixing the liquid with other spiritual plant’s essential oils and see the effect."

Su Ling agreed with Gu Liheng’s suggestion and walked to his workbench. He took 2 drops of rose essential oil and placed it on the porcelain dish. The light yellow liquid looked particularly beautiful on the pure white porcelain, with a faint rose fragrance. He took 2 more drops of the vine liquid. The transparent vine liquid seemed to disappear on the porcelain dish; one could only notice it from the slight light reflection. Su Ling attentively monitored the two scents. Soon, he found that the vine liquid scent has disappeared, leaving the scent of rose in the air. Su Ling used his index finger and dipped a little bit of vine liquid to smell under his nose; there was no fragrance.

"There is no fragrance, that means the fragrance has hidden itself." If it was assimilation, the liquid itself should be smelling like the rose essential oil.

As Su Ling said that, he shook the porcelain dish to mix the two liquids. Soon, the scent from the rose essential oil disappeared, leaving only Xian Mo Yu’s fragrance and the other 2 Grade A spiritual plants’ fragrance in the air. Su Ling was taken aback and told Gu Liheng, "There isn’t any scent coming from the porcelain dish. I don't know if the two scents have reacted to each other, or the vine liquid has hidden the scent of the rose essential oil."

Gu Liheng: "I'll get someone to send the separator device over. We'll know what happened after doing a few more tests."

Su Ling smiled, "En."

He continued to experiment with mixing different essential oils with the vine liquid, and the results were the same. When the two liquids were not mixed, only the essential oil's fragrance was present, while the fragrance of the vine liquid would soon disappear. After mixing both together, there would be no fragrance at all. After the separator device is delivered, Su Ling separates the mixed liquid. The result is the essential oil retained its own fragrance, and the vine liquid doesn’t have any scent. After a moment of consideration, Su Ling held the vine liquid and said, "I'll go to the next room to try it, there are too many scents here interfering with my sense."

The two went to the next room; the room's air was very clean, without any smell. Gradually, a faint fragrance radiated from the vine liquid. After Su Ling took it back to the fragrance room, the vine liquid's scent disappeared inside the various scents in the air. Su Ling held the glass bottle containing the vine liquid and said, "It can hide its scent, while its body can change its shape. No wonder Uncle Lóng has such a strong camouflage ability." He said, squinting his eyes and looking at Gu Liheng, "I want to try whether this function is useful for masking pheromones."

Gu Liheng: "I will try it instead."

Su Ling laughed and said, "Don't worry, I won't mess around. I will ask Uncle Lóng first."

He walked to Xian Mo Yu’s petals and gently pinched Lóng Mo Téng’s leaves on the petals, "Uncle Lóng, can human drink the liquid in your leaves?"