Chapter 67 - Coma

Chapter 67 - Coma

Seeing that Mother Gu’s ugly expression, Su Ling knew that his smile at the moment is inappropriate so he immediately corrected his expression, “I’m sorry.”

Mother Gu snorted. She didn’t bother to talk to Su Ling and looked at Gu Liheng, “Break up with him, I don’t agree with you being together.”

Gu Liheng’s tone was firm, “Impossible.”

“Why not?!” Mother Gu’s voice raised, “You didn’t mark him permanently.”

With a solemn expression, Gu Liheng said, “I like him.”

Hearing that gave Mother Gu a choke. She watched Gu Liheng for a while, and became calmer when she spoke again, “Even if you and the Gu company were maliciously slandered because of him?”

“Yes,” Gu Liheng said, “I will deal with the rumors on the Internet. Giant Bear’s behavior has nothing to do with Ling Ling, and he should not be blamed inexplicably.” As he said that, he lightly shook Su Ling’s hand. Then he opened his bracelet and contacted his personal assistant and the company’s public relations department.

Mother Gu saw Gu Liheng’s small movements clearly, and the corners of her mouth sank. She looked at him and did not speak for a while. Unknowingly, her son has grown to this age, unlike the times he followed her around when he was young. She felt depressed, a little sad, and even a little confused. She rejected her parents’ advice to remarry and forced her son to take charge of the Gu family. Just to end up with this current situation?

The living room quieted down for a while, and Su Ling saw that Mother Gu is not going to speak, so he looked down at his bracelet to browse the news. The news about his life experience was blown up online. He has been placed under spotlight due to Xian Mo Yu in the past 2 days, so he is very famous to start with. This time, the topic involves the Gu company and criminals from the dark web, so rumors about his life are still growing. There are people who questioned his character, but there were also people who pitied him for his life experience.

On the other hand, Su Ling also saw the statement issued by Father Su, indicating that he did not know about Qin Min’s family background. He only thought that she was an orphan and followed the orders of his elders to marry Qin Min. As for the popular spiritual plants, they have also become hotly debated. Many enthusiastic people even called out whether anyone has lost any high-level spiritual plants previously.

After a quick scan on the topics, Su Ling wrote a post on his page.

“My mother died when I was 2 years old. She has never mentioned my grandfather, so I only know the identity of my grandfather today. If the spiritual plants were really obtained illegally, I will return them to their original owner after investigation. Don’t try to make a false claim, I will hand whoever with ill intentions over to the police.”

Just after he posted that post, Su Ling received a call from Nalu. He looked at the pair of mother and son and got up, “Sorry, I will go out to take a call.”

Gu Liheng looked up at him, and he(SL) smiled while pointing at the door. He walked out of the living room and connected the call by the garden, “Uncle Nalu.”

Nalu’s tone was anxious, “Xiao Ling, how are you? I just saw the news.”

Su Ling: “I’m fine, don’t worry.”

Hearing Su Ling’s calm voice, Nalu breathed a sigh of relief, “That’s good,” he hesitated for a moment before continuing, “What people said online about your background is probably true.”

Su Ling was not surprised. The information that Mother Gu investigated are unlikely to be wrong.

“But,” Nalu paused for a while, and then quickly said, “Your grandfather’s matter has nothing to do with your mother. She has not talked about her background before, but there was once she cried after drinking...”