Chapter 72 - Conditions

Gu Liheng has an impression of Gu Ming's special assistant. Special assistant Luo has been working with Gu Ming for many years.

Hua Cheng replied, "Yes." He immediately added, "Before this, we found that his account had transferred a large amount of funds 20 years ago. The receiver was a temporary account, which has been canceled, and we are inquiring for more relevant information."

Gu Liheng's eyes changed slightly. 20 years ago? That is a very significant period. He asked, "Where is he now?"

Hua Cheng: "At my place, he came quietly after work."

Gu Liheng: "Take him to the villa," he paused, "Come at around 7.30 pm."

Hua Cheng: "Noted."

After taking a shower, Su Ling went downstairs and saw Gu Liheng expressionlessly sitting on the sofa. Walking to the sofa, he leaned over the back at male god's neck, "Why do you look upset?"

Gu Liheng held Su Ling’s hand and tilted his head. A refreshing fragrance wafted from the young man. His expression turned slightly softer, "Waiting for the special assistant working for Gu An's father to come." He paused before adding, "It should have something to do with my father."

Hearing that, Su Ling furrowed his brows. That means the accident that happened to male god’s father is probably caused by his relative. Sitting down beside Gu Liheng, Su Ling held his hand and comforted, "Don't be sad."

Gu Liheng shook his head, "I’m not sad, it's just that I should have thought of it for so many years."

Su Ling: "You were so young at the time, and the incident was judged to be an accident. It’s normal that you didn't think there is anything suspicious."

The two chatted for a while and went to have dinner. After dinner, Su Ling said, "I'll change my clothes and accompany you later."

Gu Liheng glanced over Su Ling’s nightgown and nodded, "Okay."

At 7.30 pm, Hua Cheng brought Special assistant Luo to the villa.

Special assistant Luo looked slightly nervous when he came in. Cautiously sitting opposite Gu Liheng, he greeted, "President Gu."

Gu Liheng nodded, "Get to the point."

"I know something about your father," Luo clenched his fists tightly and continued, "I don't want to be the second Secretary Yan, so I decided to come to you after some consideration." He looked straight at Gu Liheng, "President Gu, your subordinate is the one investigating my account, right?"

Gu Liheng answered, "Yes."

Special assistant Luo: "Then you should already know that I transferred a large sum of money out from my account 20 years ago."

Then he leaned forward, his tone was slightly agitated as he continued, "but at the time, I didn't know who it was transferred to and what is the purpose!"

"At that time, I just finished a project and I put in a lot of effort in it. Director Gu was very happy and gave me a bonus. But the amount was huge that I was very surprised."

"Later, Director Gu told me that not all of the money is for me and a large chunk of the amount is meant for other people. Relieved, I transferred the money to the account number he gave me."

"I was young at the time and was very excited to get a huge bonus, but soon I realized that something is wrong. I knew all the people involved in the project. With the amount so huge, it is quite unreasonable for anyone to get it. The amount is simply too much."