Twelve.

LaMelo's POV

April...

"I actually can't tonight. I got a date." I said to some of the guys since they wanted to hang out after practice.

"Date night. I see ya boy." Miles pointed at me.

"She doesn't know yet so don't tell her if you see her today." I told them and they nodded.

The season is winding down and yummy has been down as of lately. I can tell. I'm dreading it too but I'm trying not to think about it.

I got a romantic date planned for us. We're gonna get dressed up and enjoy some much needed alone time.

Speaking of, she's calling me now. "Hey yummy."

"You are so messy." She said immediately and I put my hand on my chest. Well shit okay.

"What you mean?" I chuckled.

"You have all these clothes on the floor in the closet. I can't even maneuver in here to put my stuff up. You gotta do something about this."

"I'll get it baby. Don't worry about it."

"When?" All I did was laugh. "Why you always laughing at me?"

"Because you sound cute stressed."

"I sound cute stressed?" I can tell her face was displeased.

"No, I ain't mean it like- my bad. That came out wrong. I'll get the clothes though. I promise. You coming in later?"

"No, I can't. I have too much to do. I have to put all this stuff in storage then unpack here. I have a busy day. I'm taking a long bath tonight."

"Try not to stress so much. I'll see you later. Practice is about to start."

"Okay." She sighed. "I'll try not to. Love you nuggs."

"Love you more." We hung up and PJ looked at me.

"That boy blushing like hell. You are in deep."

"And I can go deeper. That's my dog." I shrugged.

Naomi is temporarily moving in with me since she's not renewing her lease. I'm excited for us to experience this together.

It's not like she wasn't at my place all the time before or as if she didn't have a key. This is official though. The real thing.

Getting a hot meal most nights is a plus because the girl can cook. I'm thankful. I know I can't cook myself but I got money so when she doesn't feel like cooking, I do my part and buy dinner.

After practice I went home. It was close to five so she should be at the house by now and done with everything for the day.

"Hey, hey." I said to our dogs that crowded around me. This place is packed but I'm enjoying it as much as I can before she's gone.

Naomi came out of the room and her arms remained to her side with slumped shoulders. She held a tired facial expression with a pout.

She lifted her arms when I got close and I wrapped my arms around her and picked her up. "Tired?" I asked as I took her to our room.

"Very but I'm happy to see you." She looked down at my lips and kissed me.

"I'm happy to see you too." I put her down. "Also, tonight we have a date."

"For real?" I nodded. "Where?"

"It's a surprise but I want you get cute, sexy, the whole nine."

"Oh so this a date, date?" She smirked.