A Miracle- XXX

"Ah, Abuela, I was I was just," Camilo stutters, scrambling for an excuse, his hand sweating profusely. A hiccup leaves his throat, and he transforms into a handful of random people before awkwardly rambling on. "I was, well no Y/n wanted to say some goodbyes and so-"

"Camilo." You had to admit his lie was convincing but the execution was... Not the best. He was practically shaking beside you. Abuela looked disappointed, or angsty. From behind her trailed Mirabel, who only stared at the two of you with an empty face.

Her two sisters were by her side, Isabella trying her best to smile, albeit it was definitely strained. Luisa stifled her cries with her hand while the other carried a large assortment of goods. Their father trailed behind them. He seemed to try and muster a brave demeanor, but you could easily see through them.

Pepa, who was followed by both Felix and a very, very big cloud, watched her son fumble for the right words to say. Dolores was holding Antonio's hand, muttering something small.

"You cannot possibly expect me to believe that. Y/n is not a family member, she will not need to say goodbyes privately." It hurt, but it was also true. Camilo must have seen your downcast eyes, and he squeezed your hand tighter, pulling you closer to him. He's about to open his mouth to speak, when you surprise even yourself by talking.

"I have, I have, I need to show, show you something." you mutter quietly at first, before repeating it louder. Camilo turns to you with a questioning glance. You step away from him, and you can tell that even though he didn't quite like it, he didn't ask questions.

Camilo does, however look horrified when you take out the exact same knife he had put away. None of reviving Julieta and that boy visiting seemed to have anything to do with that knife, the events from before replaying itself.

"y/n."

"Camilo, Camilo wait, wait all of you, please, please," You desperately mutter, putting up your palm and sliding the blade across. Yelps and gasps of pain left you as tears prick at your eyes. Everyone watched you, confused as to what you had been so keen on proving.

"y/n what are you doing-" The male from beside you tried to take the knife away but you move it from him. His brows are creased and there's a frown on his face. "I won't ask questions but if you hurt yourself I have to step in Hermosa."

The nickname slips and he visibly softens. You had been looking up at his with wide eyes, the madrigals seeing the entire exchange from where they stood.

"Y/n." Alma had spoken. She sounded fed up, who wouldn't be? After all it must've been a little under 30 minutes and yous stil haven't proven anything. "What is the meaning of this?"

"Ah, ah right, right, look-" You put up your arm, showing anyone who looked a streak of golden across your hand. Camilo turned to it then back to you. The family was rather uninterested because though it was relatively cool, what could shiny blood even do?

Alma thankfully had quieted, head following your movements like a hawk. You had situated yourself by Julieta's bedside. Camilo stayed an arms reach close, wanting to help if anything happens. Again, no clue what was going on, but he had a sense of security being near by.

You placed your hand atop her corpse, digging a deeper wound into your hand, stretching it slightly. The male visibly stiffens. The overwhelming urge just to take you back home, laugh and cry about everything felt like a much better idea. Better than seeing you in pain at least.

The moment a drop of the gold had landed onto Julieta's face, a light seemed to have emenated somewhere. The room brightened, showing off the small kitchen accents here and there. A noticeably large fridge stood on the side. With everything become much more colored the entire madrigals were watching in what you couldn't discern to be awe or... Something else.

You grimace, the splintering pain in your hand making tears flow out. Just barely were you able to stop yourself from bawling loudly. Instead trying your very best to put your focus elsewhere. The side of your shoulder made you realise that it was in fact your hair that was glowing, and so was your blood.

At a closer inspection at Julieta, you notice that compared to before she looked much more lively. Her skin had darkened noticeably, lips regaining their original color. And that was great, yeah, but at the rate she was healing (or rather, reviving) you felt as if you would have died in exchange.

Was this three cups yet? How long have I stood here? The questions spiral in your mind in search for an answer. A few more moments had you lightheaded, your limbs feeling weak and sore. The pain was like molten lava, crawling up your hand all the way to your forearm.

And it was amazing, the scene itself so incredibly orphic as with a shuddering gasp Julieta opened her eyes. You tiredly put down your palm, Mirabel and the others staring in shock as what used to be a corpse breathed with renewed life.

"you did it..." Camilo had whispered, a hefty smile adorning his face while you tried to recreate his happy look. "You did it!"

He whirls you around, arms effortlessly hoisting you up with a laugh. From the corner of your eye you can see the madrigals inch their way closer, before Mirabel breaks into a sprint, wrapping herself around her mother, who softly held her close.

You adorned a drowsy, dazed glimmer. Your hair still had their faint glow. The way Camilo looked at you made your heart flutter, and you open your mouth, trying to speak. The male brushes his calloused fingers across your cheek, kissing and the tip of your nose. He doesn't stop there, pressing his lips to every inch of your face, and you can feel the smile that he wore.

"Camilo, Camilo, I, I, I, thank you.. "

And what do you know, the moment those exact words were uttered you had dropped unconscious.