THIRTY-ONE | year 5

CENTAURS

Cassiopeia loosens her tie, feeling quite overwhelmed. Harry, Ron and Hermione had gone to Umbridge's office and Cassiopeia didn't want to follow them to the Ministry.

She wanted to help, she really did, but she couldn't risk being seen by any of the Death Eaters that might be there. Especially being seen by Voldemort.

She could still hear fireworks outside, and as she turned the corner, she saw Draco from the far end of the hallway. He looked focus.

"Cassiopeia!" He yelled, when he looked up and saw his sister, "hurry up, I've been trying to find you. Where have you been?"

"Outside---why?" She questioned, lifting a brow as Draco grabbed her upper arm and pulled her towards a classroom door. Neville stood there, looking down, being held by one of the Slytherin boys, member of the Inquisitorial Squad.

"What exactly is happening?" Cassiopeia frowned, while Draco sneered at the boy, and then grabbing a hold of Neville.

"Come on, Potter and his gang are planning to go somewhere!" said Draco, walking inside the Defence Against The Dark Arts classroom, then up to Umbridge's office.

Cassiopeia followed Draco, Neville glancing at her, and she gave him an apologetic look. They walked in the office, and Cassiopeia saw Harry sitting in front of Umbridge. Hermione, Ron, Ginny and Luna are each held by a member of the Inquisitorial Squad.

"Caught this one trying to help the Weasley girl," sneered Draco, Cassiopeia walked beside him, crossing her arm around her chest, glancing at Hermione who looked quite scared.

Umbridge looked at Harry, "You were going to Dumbledore, weren't you,"

"No--" said Harry.

In an instant, Umbridge slaps Harry. "LIAR," Everyone flinched, including Cassiopeia who took a step forward, narrowing her eyes at Umbridge.

"You sent for me, Headmistress?" asked a voice, Cassiopeia turned to the door and saw Snape.

"Snape. Yes. The time has come for answers--whether he wants to give them to me or not," said Umbridge, "Have you brought the Veritaserum?"

"I'm afraid you've used up all my stores interrogating students; the last of it on Miss Chang..." said Snape, in his usual monotone voice.  "Unless you wish to poison him--and I assure you I would have the greatest sympathy if you did--I cannot help you. If that will be all..."

Harry watches as he turns to go; blurts out desperately. "He's got Padfoot! He's got Padfoot at the place where it's hidden!"

Snape stops...slowly turns, looking at Harry.

"Padfoot? What is "Padfoot?" Where what is hidden? What is he talking about, Snape?"

Snape pauses for an excruciatingly long moment, then: "No idea," then he turned, walking away.

Umbridge pauses....then slowly turns back to Harry. "Very well. You give me no choice, Potter. As this is an issue of Ministry security, you leave me with no alternative..." she takes out her wand, "the Cruciatus curse ought to loosen your tongue..."

Cassiopeia's eyes widned, "Professor, that's illegal!" She almost yelled, but she tried her best to contain herself.

Umbridge picks up the framed photo of Fudge, regards it solemnly...then resolutely turns it face down on the desk.

"What Cornelius doesn't know won't hurt him," said Umbridge, raising her wand. Cassiopeia looked at Hermione giving her a desperate look to try and think of something. "Cru--"