Chapter Twenty Nine

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

MICAH BLEU

I liked Sundays. Especially when they were quiet, relaxing and everything I needed to prepare myself for a week of work. The only thing missing was Weston but I understood that he had things to do.

This gave me the perfect opportunity to clean the flat, the kitchen definitely needed some care and attention. Now that Weston had bought us a regular Tesco shop with some supplies, I might as well clean the fridge and make the most of our space.

When it hit four o'clock, the weather outside started taking a turn for the worst. Thick, heavy rain hammering down on gloomy London. It sounded like hailstones against my bedroom window, but then I remembered there was a backlash of a European storm coming our way.

I pull my jumper over my knuckles and walk to the thermostat, turning it up a couple of degrees. Our windows were beyond crap, letting in the cold air from the street along with the dampness of the rain.

God help this building.

The front door cracks open and Valentina emerges, her hair was dripping onto the floor and her leather jacket soaking wet. "Fuck this stupid fucking country!" She yells before dropping her bag onto the floor and slamming the door shut with her foot.

"What were you doing out in that?" I question as I push myself off the kitchen stool.

"Theo and I thought we would go and grab a Sunday dinner down at the carvery," she shakes her hair, letting the droplets splatter the floor. "But I had no bloody clue it would be like the end of the world outside after!"

A small laugh passes my lips. "I mean they've been warning us for a few days now," I tell her.

"Who have?" She flexes an eyebrow as she shrugs off her jacket.

"The news..."

She laughs sarcastically instantly. "Like I watch the news. Good one Micah."

I roll my eyes as she leans over to take off her damp boots. "Where is Theo now?" I ask.

"He's gone to see a friend," she nods. "I told him good luck in this disaster."

"Least we can be all warm and snug here," I say as I walk towards the sofas. "Have a shower and get dressed. Then we could make some dinner and watch a movie?"

Valentina hums instantly. "I like the sound of that," she grins. "Where's Weston?"

"Working, as per."

"Ugh, I'd hate to work on a Sunday. He is one dedicated man." She nods before strolling over to her bedroom.

"He does own the company after all," I say before sitting down on the sofa and propping my feet up on the coffee table.

"True," she responds. "Right, give me like twenty minutes and we can discuss what our afternoon is going to look like."

"Sounds good to me," I call out before she shuts the door behind her.

. . .

The rain didn't stop all night, every so often I'd wake from the harsh sounds against my bedroom window. Lightning flashed through the blinds and then thunder made my ears pulsate. I hated storms, they were so aggressive and disrupted my sleep.

When my alarm went off at six in the morning, I grunted and rolled over to the other side of the bed. Moving my hand to press down on the button to stop the annoying sound of my alarm.