30. Into The Water You Go

Something strange was up and the staff knew but they couldn't place as of what for now, even the students knew something wasn't right but they didn't comment as they couldn't figure out why they felt that way, it was like someone had placed a charm over all of them to ignore that one of their professors was missing for breakfast of the 24th February 1995.

Harry looked around he felt very out of sorts it was like he was missing someone very close to him but who, he just couldn't remember who though and it annoyed him more than anything to be honest, he sat eating his breakfast when Ludo and Crouch came to stand at the front of the hall.

"This should be fun" said Blaise as he ate some scrambled eggs and looked over to Theo who was reading and not really eating his breakfast only to have him nudge him in the knee.

"Oh yea" said Theo was he finally ate his now cold toast.

Crouch stepped forward and sighed "the next task is in the Black Lake and the champions will have to rescue something that is lost and precious to them, if you would like to come and see them this afternoon I suggest you wrap up warmly it's cold out there".

"As Mr. crouch has said if you all wish to watch meet us at the Black Lake at 2pm not later as that is when the task is to start and you will only have one hour, no more than that" said Ludo and him and Crouch walked off.

'Moody's' eye spun around and landed on Harry and he smiled slightly knowing that he was going to help the boy no matter what, even though he was classed as a 'death eater' in the eyes of Dumbledore, there was no such thing before they went after the 'prophecy' that was completely fake as when Tom 'returned'.

 Tom had checked it all out and as it was to do with him and Harry he could be able to pick it up and listen to it but no such thing existed.

Just what was Dumbledore's plan for all of this there was nothing of the sort and it made the 'death eaters' wonder what was going on, Tom really was friends with the Potter's and they were having a get together like they normally did every few months, Harry loved his Tommy but then it all went pear shaped from there.

Tom had put Harry to bed that very night and as he did flashes and bangs could be heard waking up the child and Tom going into protective mode if you could call it that. When he went to look Lily rushed in and said that Dumbledore was downstairs and had killed James, she cried into his arms and as she did the door burst opened to reveal Dumbledore in all of his glory of colourful robes.

"Just the man I want to pin this all on, well Tom I didn't know you were buddy buddy with the Potter's never mind about that...." he pointed his wand at Lilly and said the dreaded words "AVADA KEDAVRA" and she slumped to the floor dead, Harry had woken by then and had watched it all happen and so burst into tears.

Tom stepped forward to protect him and Albus laughed at it all again he pulled his wand at the two opposite him.

"Now that the two idiots are out of the way I'll pin this all on you" and again he said the Killing Curse killing Tom and 'marking' Harry like he wanted.

Tom sighed at it all knowing that he would have to carrying on with the tournament or the four students would lose their magic and he would never want that to happen to anyone he was a spirit for a few years and that was annoying but he was a grown man and not children.

He stood up and clapped his hands getting everyone's attention sighing as hundreds of eyes turned to him.

"As you have heard if any of you want to watch be at the Black Lake for 2pm, I wish you good day" and he left the hall having eating hardly anything.

Harry wondered how he was going to swim in the lake when he struggled so much with his swimming lessons he took over the holidays, he was no where strong enough for this and sighed he was going to look in the library to see if her could find anything.

He stopped Neville at one of the tables reading a Herbology book and smiled at his 'friend' that is if he still was and when Neville saw him he gave him a massive smile and gestured for him to sit down at the desk.

"How are you Harry?" he asked.

"I'm fine just nervous as I can't swim very well and I have a feeling that I would drown before I would be able to rescue anyone or anything from the lake" he sighed making Neville look at him and laugh slightly.

"Being with Professor Snape has helped you in more ways than we thought Harry, is it ok to call you that Harry?, if not I can call you Hadrian if you like".

"No Neville you can still call me Harry, it was the name I was born with after all and you are my friend still, right?" he bit his bottom lip.

"Of course I am Harry even after that the other three have done to you, don't worry about it" he gave Harry a true smile only to look up when a bang of a book was heard, looks like Hermione had found them.

"Harry there you are finally! I've been looking all over for you, why in merlin's name did you put your name in the cup? how did you even get passed the lines anyway?, oh never mind, this stupid Headmaster is nothing compared to Professor Dumbledore don't you agree?" she looked at him hoping he would see it her way, like he 'used to' back in first year.

"Well um.... Professor Sötétség, has done so much for the school from last year and I'm happy with how the school is run like everyone else, they even repaired the wards around the school, it was amazing to watch..." he was hit with her book, "... ow what was that for?"

"HARRY JAMES POTTER! that is no way to talk about what Professor Dumbledore has done for you!"

"He left me in an abusive home Hermione I almost died the summer before second year if it wasn't for Professor Snape I would of died! Dumbledore didn't care and has never cared about me! I'm happy that I have Professor Snape as my father, plus my name is Hadrian Jameson Severus Snape, I'm not Harry Potter get it into your head, or better yet leave me alone!" he turned to Neville "if you know of anything that can help me breathe under water could you let me know Neville I need to get some fresh air" and with that he left.

"The nerve of Harry!" said Hermione.

Neville looked over to her and sighed and continued to read only to again to look up when Luna sat down.

"Anyone know where Sarah is?, I haven't been able to find her since breakfast he was right next to me and then she wasn't I think she got spirited away by something" she read her Charms book upside down.

"You mean that girl that's fawning our Viktor Krum who was and is mean to be mine?" said Hermione glaring at Luna who ignored her.

"Neville I would suggest Gillyweed to help Hadrian with the task" said Ravenclaw to the Gryffindor and he nodded and closed his book now knowing what to look for and most likely Severus had some in his store room, mind you he too was also missing but why were people starting to go missing they didn't know.

Soon the pair left the library after Neville checked out some Herbology books while smiling at Madam Pince as they left Hermione was shocked that they had just left her there without a goodbye or even talking to her, she was the brightest witch she deserved to be acknowledge and so she screamed making everyone look at her.

Madam Pince got out of her seat and headed towards her, "Miss Granger enough, you are being loud and disrespectful to my work place and the others around you and I have said this many times before enough is enough you are henceforth banned from this library, now get out!" she collected Hermione's things and showed her the door.

...........

In an old classroom four people sat gathered to a chair each, each one was brought here by a professor, or should we say that magic brought them there.

The other professors of Hogwarts didn't want to do this but they did, in the chairs now sat one Severus Tobias Snape Potions Master and Head of Slytherin, Sarah Felicity Morning Glory a first year of Ravenclaw, Cho Jiao Chang fifth year Ravenclaw and lastly Gabrielle Adélaïde Delacour first year to Beauxbatons Academy of Magic, each one asleep somehow. 

They were soon floated towards the Black Lake where the Mermaids were waiting for them and so they were tied up to the statue in the middle of the town in the lake and that's where they would stay for the next hour. 

....................................

harry cant remember what had happened at godric's hollow sadly but im planning on using this later