[ 12 ]

CHAPTER TWELVE
- TENSION -
───── ⋆♡⋆ ────

"You two seem to be close," Jay said as he ran his hand trough his hair while sitting on a chair by the dining table his own house.

"Who are you two?" Sunghoon asked as he looked up at Jay, still lying comfortably on the couch.

Sunghoon and Jay had agreed to meet at Jay's house today to get started on homework, but of course nothing ever happens with these two.

Neither of them care about school, so they never do homework. Lately, Sunghoon has been forcing Jiwoo to do his homework so that he doesn't have to. Jiwoo refuses.

"Yang Jiwoo and you," Jay replied to Sunghoon's question a moment later, "You two have been together a lot lately and you seem to be having a great time together. I have a feeling you're going to start having feelings for her soon, like it happens in movies and-"

"Ew," Sunghoon interrupted his best friend as his he pulled a dirty face, as if he had just smelled something gross, "Me falling in love? No way! At least I'm keeping to the agreement we made."

"Agreement?"

Sunghoon shot upright on the couch as he dropped his phone to the floor out of shock. His eyes widened. "You didn't forget, did you?"

He already had such a hunch that he had forgotten, yet he was shocked. Because Eunji had come into Jay's life, it was as if he had been brainwashed and everything that had been agreed upon between him and Sunghoon was gone, past.

Jay thought deeply for a moment, his finger under his chin. When he knew what the agreement was, his eyes widened. "Never-"

"Fall in love again," Sunghoon interrupted him coldly.

Ding Dong...

-

"Why do I have to come with you?" Jiwoo said as she felt pain in her wrist as her best friend Eunji held it tightly.

Eunji pulled Jiwoo along by the wrist across the streets. Squeezing it tightly. After all, she had to go to her boyfriend, Jay, because she still had something to give him. Since she didn't dare go alone, she asked Jiwoo to go with her, only she refused.

Now Eunji forces her to go with him by dragging her along the street by grabbing her wrist. Her strategy to get someone to go with her always works.

"Because I really don't want to go to Jay's alone!" Eunji responded as she suddenly stopped in her path, Jiwoo colliding hard with her back as a result.

Eunji turned herself around and brushed a strand of hair from Jiwoo's face. "Sunghoon is there too, so don't whine like that," she said.

"But I don't want to see Sunghoon!" Jiwoo shouted loudly across the streets. Her voice echoed and a group of birds flew away in fright.

Eunji flinched when her friend suddenly shouted at her. "Why not? You love him, don't you?" Eunji asked as she frowned a moment later, not understanding why Jiwoo suddenly didn't want to see Sunghoon now, when her dream before was that she could finally have contact with him, to be noticed by him.

Jiwoo sighed deeply. "I do love him, but-"

"Then what are you whining about!" Eunji interrupted her friend as she grabbed her wrist again, not letting her continue, "Let's go."

"No-" but before Jiwoo could even finish her sentence, she was quickly dragged along with Eunji again.

A few minutes later, the girls finally arrived at Jay's house. Jiwoo sighed deeply when Eunji finally let go of her wrist, hating it that she always had to drag her along with her.

"Let's ring the doorbell," Eunji said with a smirk on her face.

"Wait!"

Ding Dong...

-

Sunghoon got up from the couch when he suddenly heard a doorbell ring. "Who is that? Who did you invite?" He immediately overwhelmed his friend with several questions.

Jay didn't answer his best friend and quickly ran towards the front door. Sunghoon sighed deeply and plopped down on the couch again. He heard murmuring sounds of people talking to each other. In the background, Jay could be heard laughing.

He rolled his eyes before suddenly hearing the door close again. When Jay walked back in, Sunghoon quickly stood up and looked at him. "So, who were they?"

"They didn't left, they're even here now!" Jay said with a wide smile on his face.

Around the corner, two bodies appeared. They were none other than Eunji and....

"Jiwoo!" Sunghoon shouted in disbelief, "What are you doing here?!"

"Believe me, I don't want to be here either," Jiwoo replied as she rolled her eyes. She really didn't want to get into an argument with Sunghoon. Not after what had happened last night during the late night walk.

"Guys," Jay interrupted the two, "Let's just be nice to each other and make it a fun afternoon and evening?"

"No," Sunghoon said as he crossed his arms, walked towards the hallway of the house and bumped into Jiwoo's shoulder hard before disappearing around the corner. You could hear the sound of footsteps running up the stairs.

Jay sighed deeply before rolling his eyes. "Please don't mind him. I don't think he's in a good mood."

Jiwoo looked around the corner, seeing that the hallway was empty. She closed her eyes tightly.

I'm sure he hates me. Why did Eunji even thought of bringing me here? I wanna go home, right now. I don't wanna stay here the whole afternoon seeing Sunghoon's mad face. Why can't Sunghoon and I just talk normally without feeling that tension between us?