* 29 *

THANKS FOR READING OH, and sorry for the late update ( I've been really busy)

Book Recommendation: Choke point by Essien_Eno, you would really love it.

* UNEDITED *

Third person's POV

She was sitting on a blue plastic chair, a black table in between her and the police man.

Her face was bruised and swollen, since yesterday when she was brought here they showed her no mercy as they beat her mercilessly.

"I'm going to ask you for the last time, do you know anything about the death of your daughter." The inspector asked calmly.

"No I don't." She said softly, her head up high as she spoke calmly.

"Okay." He brought a phone out and played a recording as she gasped loudly in shock wondering where he could have gotten it. " What do you have to say to that." He asked her, expecting the truth from her

"You should know we are in the 24th century there is nothing impossible for all this people to do and beside it doesn't really sound like my voice." She said with a calm face hiding the fear of getting caught in her mind.

"Okay what of this." He said, showing her a video. In the video she was kneeling down, a wrist watch in her hand as her other hand was holding her phone beside her ear.

Her heart was beating fast as she started sweating. She didn't no anything to say to counter that.

'Who could have given him the video.'
She thought.

'Or could it be chief, was he scared that I was going to tell the police.' she thought.

"Who is the chief you were talking to in the video." The man asked her

"I...I..I don't....I don't know what you...are talking ab.. about." She stammered.

"DO YOU THINK I'M JOKING WITH YOU!" The man yelled, banging his hand on the table in anger as she flinched in fear

"You are one of the people, we all look up to in the society and you killed your own daughter, your reign in this country is over I tell you. This case is going to court and if you don't tell me the truth you will definitely not in jail." The man said as she burst into tears.

He was right, her fame is gone. All she had worked for years to get is gone.

She sold her daughter's body to old fools just to get fame, and what happened to the fame now, it has perished.

She lost her husband
She lost her daughter
She lost her fame

She has nothing again.

"You won't talk abi." "Dauda !" He called as a young man rushing into the small dark room.

"Take this woman, injure her till she confesses." The man said as Dauda saluted him.
"Yes sir." He says as he dragged her up

If you don't tell me the truth you will definitely not in jail.

She remembered what the police man said as she cried loudly.

'Chief even after I kept your secret safe. You killed my only daughter and I buried ur secret with me then you report me to the police. You won't go Scot free, I go down,  you go down with me.' She thought as she turned her face to the police man.

"His name is Chief Elliot."

•√•√•√•√•√•√•√•√•√•√•√•√•√•√•√•√•√•√