02.

UP IN FLAMES

CHAPTER TWO

Liv tugged the sleeves of her sweater down over hands nervously, stepping out into the same hallway she and Clarke were in before they were taken into custody by the guards of Mount Weather. Someone was talking in the distance about the levels of Mount Weather and what not, Liv glanced toward Clarke for reassurance before going any farther. Clarke nodded toward her encouragingly, although she was just as terrified as Liv was right now.

Hesitantly they rounded the corner, familiar heads of hair coming into Liv's vision. They were the bodies of all of her friends, all of the people she originally came down to Earth with.

Monty was the first of them to notice the two girls, practically shouting, "Clarke! Liv!"

The girl's voice was cut short, everyone beginning to murmur in confusion before turning around, Liv glancing at all of their faces with wide eyes. She felt the edges of her lips twitch into a small smile, Monty pushing his way through the crowd in a race to get to them.

"Liv!" a familiar voice shouted, Liv's head snapped up as a head of strawberry blonde hair made its way in front of her.

Before she could react, strong arms were wrapped around her, Liv finally wrapping hers around Ashton tightly. She immediately buried her head into the crook of his neck, grasping onto him for dear life.

Tears welled in her eyes, clutching onto him as though she'll never be able to see him again.

"Ashton," she gasped out, shocked by the sight of him, "Oh, my God. It's really you, you're here. You're okay."

She felt him nod, his strong arms squeezing her even tighter. "I am."

Her face broke out into a grin, letting out a laugh created by relief.

Slowly, she pulled away, looking toward his face with a bright smile plastered onto it. In a question of hope, she then asked, "Is Bellamy here? Did they find him, is he okay?"

At that, his face immediately fell, not prepared for the reaction of his sister. He knew how she was beginning to feel about the Blake boy, and he also knew that the fact that he was really and truly dead was going to crush her even more than she already was. She was already a broken girl, barely keeping hold of her sanity after everything that has happened, and losing Bellamy was just going to be the icing on the cake. It was only going to be a steady downfall for her from here.

"Liv - " he began, Liv taking a wobbling step back as she felt the wind get knocked out of her. "Are you okay? Liv?"

She shook her head back and forth, breathing out, "I just - I just need a second, okay?"

He was really dead - Bellamy was dead. She was never going to see him again, never going to shoot him another sarcastic remark. She was never going to feel his lips on her forehead again, and she was never going to feel the sensation of hers actually against his lips. Never again would she feel his strong arms wrapped around her, nor hear the sound of his voice.

He was gone, out of her life forever, and somehow everyone expected her to keep herself together despite that fact.

At this point, all of her friends were looking toward her with sad eyes, knowing that she was more than likely the first to break from that news. Clarke watched nervously, pained expressions on Monty's and Jasper's faces as well.

Liv shook her head, sputtering out, "We don't know that." Everyone was silent, Liv wracking her head around for people she knew were on the drop ship before the explosion. "What about Raven?"