Chapter twenty five

Cassiopeia thought she was doing a brilliant job of balancing everything in her life, she was keeping on top of her school work and every one of her professors showered her with compliments well all except snape who was a moody git that jumped every time cassie was in his classroom and quirell who kept his distance from the girl when he could.

Then there was her training with Emmeline which was going great and Cassie found herself relaxing around her more and more each session. And lastly her tornado of friends, they were all over them map. She had the slytherins, the inner circle as she liked to call Draco, Pansy, Blaise and Theo. Then there was Neville who she consistently went out of her was to include with the slytherins because she could see he was lonely in gryffindor tower, finally she had hermione who had been spending more time with Ron and Harry so that wasn't much hassle on cassies part.

There was only a week or so left before Christmas break so Cassie was spending more time with Neville than usual, the two of them were sitting in the Gryffindor common room with Dean and Seamus playing a card game that Seamus called crazy eights. The girl still wasn't exactly sure what was going on but she'd won 4 times so she must have been doing something right.

"Are you cheatin' using your magic or somethin' you only just learned how to play" Seamus said as he waved his hand stuffed with 19 cards in the air.

"I'm not cheating how dare you" she widened her jaw as she put down her last card and held her hands up, "it must be natural talent" she smirked at the boys.

"I've been playing this for months and I'm still not any good" Neville had less cards than Seamus but more than dean.

"I'll teach you when we're back from Christmas break" cassie nudged him.

Dean laughed at Seamus as he had to pick up another card and started to go red with frustration. Cassie didn't mean to zone out but her vision was starting to loose focus, she found herself listening not the usual type the deeper type. First she could hear deans thoughts 'wow Seamus looks ridiculous when he's angry' then she felt the nerves coming from Neville's thoughts due to the game so she pushed passed them.

She could hear internal screaming coming from above her and then what she knew was hermiones thoughts, 'for the love of god where did I see that name, I know I've read about Nicholas Flamel somewhere' there was a stress coming from her and then a loud grunt that everyone else heard as well.

"Was that hermione?" Neville stood from the couch and walked over to the stairs then another bang made cassie follow.

Cassie started up the stairs almost at the top when Neville started to follow, unfortunately Cassiopeia had turned to make sure Neville was following but suddenly the ground beneath her feet shifted and the pair of them went flying right down what used to be the stairs that was now a slide.

"AHHH!" The girl Yelpped.

"Ouch" Neville groaned as Cassie landed on top of him completely starfished out.

After they both composed themselves hermione who had came out of her dorm helped Cassie up. "Oh the stairs to the girls dorms are enchanted, boys can't go up them" hermione informed them.

"Salazar sake this castle is a death trap, it really should come with bloody warnings" Cassiopeia practically had smoke coming out of her nose.

"Cass your legs bleeding" Neville lifted up her pale green skirt slightly to show a slice on her thigh, the blood had soaked through the skirt and trickled right down her leg.

"Oh great how did that happen" cassie sighed.

"Sorry Cass I think you landed on my pencil" he picked up a pencil covered in blood.