Chapter 8: Where Is She?

Y/N POV

After I left the diner, I headed home. I had taken a shower and basically went to bed. I wanted to get to work earlier to talk to Don about his offer. I kinda wanted to attempt working in the red zones to be honest. It sounded interesting.

Doctor Ericsson's POV

I walked down the halls of the red zones, checking off everyone I've already gave medication too. It was late at night and I was already ready to go home. I stopped at the next patient's cell, grabbing their files and flipping through them quickly. Just then I heard a blood curdling scream, followed by a loud clang noise. I froze, looking off to where it came from.
  "H-hello...?" I stuttered.
Nothing. I heard footsteps walking in my direction. I put the files back and backed up. I grabbed my walkie talkie.
  "Cheif Henry? Where are you currently?" I asked.
  "I'm heading back towards 1104XX's cell. I had to run to the security room due to some camera issues or something. What's wrong?"
  "I... Did you hear someone scream?" I stuttered.
  "No?"
  "Oh ok. Maybe it's just one of the patient's." I said.
Just then 2 blue glowing eyes came into view. I knew exactly who it was.
  "Patient 1104XX? H-how did you get out? I... Oh no." I muttered.
  "Where is she?" The patient muttered.
That was the first time he'd spoken a full sentence since he got here. It shocked me.
  "Where... Is... She." He growled, walking over to me.
He was holding a bloody fire extinguisher.
  "Wh-who? Who is 'she'?" I asked.
  "Doctor Ericsson! Patient 1104XX has escaped! I need you to sound the alarms immediately!"
  "I know, Cheif. I... I found him... Well... More like he found me." I stuttered into the walkie talkie.
  "1104XX." A deep voice said.
I turned around to see Professor Williams. 1104XX began to laugh uncontrollably. He tended to do that whenever the Professor was around.
  "Where is she? Where is SHE!?" 1104XX yelled.

Don/Professor Williams POV

I walked over to Doctor Ericsson.
  "Are you talking about Y/N, 1104XX?" I asked.
He smiled dangerously, nodding vigorously.
  "Yes yes yes...." He muttered over and over for a few moments.
  "She's at home. She isn't here." I explained.
He frowned, upsetly. He shook his head, muttering the word no a few times.
  "Doctor Ericsson, go get Cheif Henry. Ok?" I muttered.
Doctor Ericsson nodded, turning and walking away. I walked over to 1104XX, still keeping a good distance between me though.
  "1104XX. I need you to return to your cell. Now." I said.
He glared at me with a death stare.
  "Y/N will be back tomorrow. Maybe... If you cooperate, I'll let you see her." I said.
His eyes lit up with interest. I knew this was all a big risk. If Y/N said no to my offer, 1104XX might escape and not be the happiest when he does, if I lied. And I might be his next target.
  "My Y/N..." He whispered.
It was a very, VERY creepy behavior. He seemed... Obsessed.
  "Yes. Exactly. Now follow me back to your cell." I said, walking past him.
I felt his gaze follow me. But to my surprise he listened. He kept a good 10 feet away from me though. I turned the corner and saw Cheif Henry and a few other guards there.
  "Open his door." I said.
Cheif Henry nodded, doing so. I stepped of to the side, making a clear path for 1104XX. 1104XX came around the corner and stopped, hesitating at the sight of the security guards. He gripped onto the fire extinguisher, fear and hatred in his eyes.
  "They won't hurt you, 1104XX." I said.
He glared at me, that crooked smile appeared on his face. He dropped the extinguisher and walked over to his cell, entering it. Cheif Henry immediately closed the door, locking.
  "Cheif Henry. What have I said about this? Why does it keep happening?" I asked.
  "I'm sorry sir. There was a problem in the security room with one of the cameras. I didn't expect to be gone so long." Cheif Henry explained.
I just sighed.
  "Mk. But I swear, the next time this happens, I'll fire you." I said.
  "Got it, sir." Cheif Henry said.

// Time Skip //

Y/N POV

The next morning I made my way to Don's office.
  "Hey Y/N. How's it going?" Lucy asked.
  "Good. How are you?" I asked.
  "Great, as usaul. How come you're here so early? Doesn't your shift start at 8am usaully?" Lucy asked.
  "Yes, but Professor Williams offered me a new position, so I decided to come in earlier to tell him I accept." I explained.
  "Ooo~ A new position? What's that?" Lucy asked, smirking.
  "I'm going to be patient 1104XX's new doctor." I said.
Lucy literally dropped her coffee mug, stopping dead in her tracks.
  "Oh my gosh!? Lucy are you ok?" I asked, panicked.
  "Excuse me, what the fuck?" Lucy said.
  "You heard me. 1104XX needs a new doctor, so I'm accepting the offer. Now, I'm gonna go get paper towels for you." I said, turning and walking off.
  "N-no no. It's fine Y/N. But... Seriously? You've never worked in red zones before." Lucy explained.
  "I know." I said, turning a corner.
I saw a paper towel role on a shelf and grabbed it. I ran back over to Lucy and handed it to her.
  "Thanks." She muttered, giving me a soft smile.
  "No problem. Now I'll be off." I said.
She nodded and I turned to head to Professor Williams office.

(945 words)