"I dont know that rooster seems pretty rude"

Who pissed in her cereal this morning?

Damn.

I went back to looking over John b's shoulder. I was still trying to figure out where I had seen this handwriting before. It seemed so familiar.

Kie spoke up again. "Okay,well, what's Redfield?"

"Besides the most common name in the county." Pope added.

"Oh!" John b perked up. "Maybe its a clue. A clue to where he's hiding."

Where who's hiding?

Pope let's put a scoff in disbelief. "A clue? Come on, that's- that-" he was cut off by Kie giving him a look that just said 'don't'.

He cleared his throat before continuing. "But if it is a clue, maybe it's an anagram?" He said in almost a question.

"Yes. Perfect. Anagram. You need paper." John b got up from his chair and started looking around for some writing utensils for Pope. I moved back so I wouldn't be in their way.

He gave Pope a piece of paper and a pen.

Pope let out a small groan in frustration. "How can you concentrate with that thing constantly crowing at you?" He said talking about the rooster that had so rudely made me fall on my ass just moments before.

"JJ loves the rooster."

"I love the rooster."

"I dont know that rooster seems pretty rude."

The all turn to look at me with blank expressions, but I just shrug it off. I'm used to people looking at me like if I'm weird or crazy.

It's usually because I always say the first thing that pops into my head.

JJ, Pope, and Kie started trying to figure out what other words they could make out of REDFIELD while John b wondered around the room writing something down on a piece of paper.

I wasn't much of help just standing in the way so I made my way over to the window looking out into John b's yard.

I hadn't noticed till now but it looked really messy. The grass looked mushy, leaves and some trash was scattered all around. There was even a tree that was pulled out of the ground. I assumed it was from the hurricane that happened a few days before we came to Outer Banks, but considering how there was a lot of trash thrown around on the floors when I walked in to the run down fish shack, I'm not so sure.

"Ok, let me think."

"Seriously, think"

"Dedfiel. Colors-that's stupid"

"What about like Ritalin?"

I turned back to the group to see them all except for John b looking really focused on trying to solve the anagram.

I don't know why they were actually trying to figure out the anagram. You can mix around the letters in Redfield as much as you want to but it's not going to make up a word that makes sense.

I went back to looking out the window when I heard a car pull up.

It was a black truck. Two burly looking men came out. They looked familiar.

And then it hit me.

The were the men shooting at us yesterday.

Author note:

I AM SO SORRY THIS CHAPTER HAS OOK SO LONG!!!

I've been so busy with school... I'm failing like three classes 😍😍 and I've been like super super sick. But I promise more chapters will be up soon and they'll be better and longer.

(ALSO THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 2.54K READS?!!!)

If you started reading from the first chapter and are still here and like actually enjoy my story so far even though I suck at updating I literally
love you like you're my bae frfr💖💖💖

XoXo,
Lani❤️