Blue Eyes

This beautiful fanart is by ChocoTrufflattai! I'm so glad someone finally drew this scene <3 I JUST REALIZED Y/N IS WEARING CAMILO'S RUANA  I thought this drawing was cute but it just got so much cuter!!! 

BACK TO THE STORY

Your father lunged forward and roughly pressed the rag against your mouth.

I won't breath in. It can't work if I don't breath in. You determinedly anchored your jagged, terrified thoughts, swallowing hard. For a few, rebellious, triumphant moments, you alertly glared at your father. I can stay awake. You can't make me forget. 

But then the pain started. Your lungs ached like stretched balloons, begging for oxygen. When your chest felt like it might burst, you sharply inhaled. A seductively sweet taste wisped into your mouth, and a breath of dizziness swept through your head. Your chest hungrily sucked in another breath, devouring the oxygen you had withheld for so long.

"Did you know chloroform takes almost five minutes to take over?" Your father conversationally mused, holding the cloth firmly over your mouth and nose. "Try to relax, you'll feel it kick in soon."

You wildly jerked your head back and forth, squirming away from the intoxicating cloth that polluted your air supply. It persistently swathed your face, and each desperate breath seemed to earn less and less oxygen. Your toes tingled, and paralyzing numbness painted over their bones.

I can't move my toes. I can't move them! Am I falling unconscious or just freaking myself out?

Your jaw lifelessly slacked open. You strained and tensed your muscles, but to your terror, you couldn't close it. A wave of heavy exhaustion knocked into you, and you blinked unsteadily, your knees weakening.

"That's right," Your father murmured, stroking your hair, "Relax."

No. No. I can't relax. But a haze of scattered confusion distorted your swimming thoughts. Why couldn't you relax? Was there something important to do?

The paralyzing ocean drifted over your eyelids. Puzzled, you sleepily fluttered your eyes, looking for something. Something important. Where's Camilo? Doesn't he want to sleep, too?

"Aghh!" A pained shriek ripped through your doze, and you felt a sharp prick of alertness through the fog. 

Your father staggered back, and the chloroform rag dropped away from your mouth, flopping limply on the dark, earthy floor. You stumbled to the left, unsteadily balancing your hand on your knee.

Sebastian clung fiercely to your father's shoulders, a child-like terror burning in his eyes. His hands gripped like the claws of death.

Oh, that's weird. You dizzily speculated. He had green eyes. But now they're blue. I think he should drink less water. I liked them better green.

Sebastian's eyes practically glowed, a pale, watery blue. Smoky wisps curled around his eyes like snakes. Your father awkwardly toppled to the ground, catching his fall with his left hand. Crunch. It sounded like cracking ice, or stomping through dead leaves.

"My finger!" He howled, crawling away from Sebastian. "Blow out the candle! This has gone too far!" The guard restraining your arms released you, lumbering toward the lit candle.

Sebastian uneasily scanned the cavern like a convict surrounded by detectives. His fluorescent eyes desperately seized yours from across the room. He stared with a haunted insanity, his feet shuffling tracks through the dirt as he advanced.

You apprehensively backed away, then lifted two feet off the ground. You buoyantly relaxed into the thick, liquid-like air. Clarity fizzed back into your mind. I'm flying. That's right, a candle means I can fly.

Disappointed by your escape, Sebastian extended his arms toward you, straining, reaching, pleading. His intense whisper was barely audible.

"He is coming. He is coming."