𝟬𝟬𝟯

𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐇𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑

"Nyla, what i'm supposed to do, bro'?" Deion panicked, cracking her knuckles with a flushed face from being scared. "Calm down, Dee. Your period is probably just late."

"I haven't had it in two months and they keep sayin' that I screwed that boy at Cori party." Deion fell to her knees, placing her hands over her face. "What if i'm actually pregnant, Ny?"

"Chill. You're not pregnant. I don't see a bump and you're not having any symptoms. Are you?" Nyla asked, only making Deion's panic worsen.

She was having almost every symptom in the book. Random nausea, frequent urinating, stomach cramps, extreme hunger, not liking any of the foods she normally liked and she could smell anything from a mile away.

"Okay, i'm not gon' tell you that you not pregnant 'cause I don't know now." Nyla said after Deion had explained her symptoms to her. "Damn, Dee. All that? What if you are pregnant."

"Oh, man." Deion whined, laying on her back before she began crying. "It's gon' be okay, Dee. We don't even know if you're actually pregnant. We can go get a pregnancy test or sumn'." Nyla suggested.

"No! That's basically giving into believing that i'm pregnant. I don't want to believe that. I'm not pregnant!" Deion spat.

"Okay, girl. But if you are, can I be the god mommy or are we doing an at home abortion?" Nyla inquired, making Deion sit up and give her a death stare. "Imma' stop talkin' now." Nyla placed her index finger over her lips.

"Hey, what's goin' on?" Dane entered Deion's room, making her immediately wipe her face. "Uhhh. Dee's going through a bad break up right now." Nyla stood up, quickly making up an excuse as to why she was crying.

"Oh. Well, you didn't tell me you had another boyfriend. You good? Can I do anything to help?" Dane inquired and Deion shook her head no. "Okay well, Nyla ya mom's outside."

"Okay." Nyla let out a nervous breath. "Bye, Dee. Feel better. I'll see you at school." Nyla gave Deion a hug before exiting her room.

"Now, you ready to tell me what's really wrong?" Dane stepped into her room, sitting on the edge of her bed. "Huh?" Deion frowned.

"I been raising you since you was six years old. I know when sumn' wrong wit' my child. Now, you ready let me know wassup?" Dane titled his head at her.

Deion huffed, sitting next to Dane on the edge of her bed. "I think i'm pregnant." She swallowed the lump in her throat. "Please say something."

Dane's first instinct was to shout, "what the hell?!", but he wanted his daughter to always feel comfortable with coming to him about situations like this and yelling at her wouldn't make her more uncomfortable than what she already was.

"Okay. Why you think you pregnant?"

"I don't remember. I got drunk that night at Sancori party and blacked out. People keep sayin' we went in the bathroom and—you know, but I don't remember any of that."

"Who is we?"

"Me and this dude. I—I don't even know who he is. I think his name is Pop or something like that, I don't know. I don't remember anything." Deion began crying out of frustration.