18.

[Thank you guys for reading my book. I appreciate you all.]

▲ ▲ ▲

"When are you going back to work?"

Jersey's eyes fluttered as she thought about the question. She would be resuming her work duties after Thanksgiving. The woman was more than ready to resume her role as the executive associate at Givin' Back. Not only would she be going back to work, but she would also be going back to school.

She was nervous about going back to college. It required her to leave Harlem for hours, and she wondered how she would get her assignments completed with a four-month-old infant. He was quiet, most of the time. However, he could get rowdy.

Jersey blew out air from her nostrils and leaned her head to the side.

"After Thanksgiving."

"Oh wow, are you ready?"

"I am." She replied softly. "It gives me something to do."

"Girl, you're not playing your position correctly."

Jersey looked over at the other woman who was speaking to her. She was draped in loungewear that wasn't cheap. A hoodie covered her upper body while sweats covered her lower body. Her natural hair was brushed into a low bun.

"What do you mean by that, June?"

June held Harlem in her arms as she rocked him gently. She shrugged her shoulders and said, "You're set for life. You're in a position...that most women would love to be in."

Jersey just sat there blinking her eyes. She was trying to understand what June was trying to say. Frida was sitting beside June, but she wore an unreadable facial expression.

"Malcolm has money." June pushed out, stating the obvious. "He's worth a lot."

"I know that, June."

"I'm not talking about two hundred thousand dollars." June continued. "Malcolm is worth a lot. He has millions, Jersey. He probably has close to fifty million dollars."

June didn't know how much money Malcolm had. However, she remember running across a few of his bank statements.

"I understand, June," Jersey replied in the same deadpanned tone. "What is your point?"

"My point is that you don't have to work hard. Hell, you don't have to work at all."

Jersey shook her head softly.

"But I want to work."

"Why?" June interrogated her. "Working causes stress, and you know what stress causes? Wrinkles in the face, acne, weight gain, and breakups."

"Oh my God." Frida pushed out and palmed her face.

June peered over at her mom and asked, "What?"

"I don't mind the weight gain." Jersey ran her hands across her pants and said, "I'm skinny. I need to gain some weight."

"You don't get it, Jersey. You can do other things besides work."

"Like what?"

"You can focus on Harlem, of course." June pushed out, lifting the chunky tot.

Jersey glanced at her chocolate infant and immediately said, "I love spending time with my baby, but...I need an escape. I don't want to be just known for...being a mother."

"I understand." June nodded her head. "You can also have hobbies."

"What kind of hobbies?"

"You can become a YouTuber, travel the world, learn a new skill, party, shop at high-end stores, and take a Pilates class."