(53) Scandalous -Shipped Off pt.4-

Hi everyone!!
I'll keep it brief, but we hit 50k reads! That's so mind blowing to me and I'm so thankful for you guys!
Love you all!

"I don't think your brother's happy with us..."

Ahkmenrah tightly clutches your hand as the two of you dash down the winding halls of the archives. He was running a bit ahead of you as he was clothed in causal-modern-day wear, so he didn't draw attention. "You think?!"

"Yeah, that was an understatement."

You gasp as you hear a loud screech coming from the octopus Larry released onto Kahmunrah's men. Moments later, an Egyptian soldier goes flying over the top of your head. "Do you think Larry got out alright?" You ask, worried that any second the night guard would go flying through the room just as the soldier did. You felt bad that you split up, even after Ahkmenrah assured you Larry would be alright.

"He'll be fine, love." Ahk gives you a reassuring smile, and you feel the same butterflies fluttering around in your chest that you felt the first time he smiled at you.

"Ahk, look out!!" You yell.

At the last second, the two of you sharply move to the left, right before crashing into a rhino that had escaped its storage crate.

"That was close..."

"Where are we going anyway?" You ask the pharaoh.

"To the stairwell that leads out of here. We need to get some backup if we're going to stop my brother and get you home."

You stop dead in your tracks. "What?" You softly ask. "You're bringing me back to the museum?"

Ahkmenrah turns around to face you. He takes your hands and gently holds them in his own. "Yes. When this nightmare is over I'm going to bring you home."

Tears well up in your eyes. "You can't do that. They d-don't want me."

Ahk wraps his loving arms around you into a warm embrace. "(Yn)...I'm not going back to New York unless you're coming with me. I love you and it breaks my heart to imagine you gathering in dust down here while I have to come to life every night without you."

You nuzzle your face into Ahk's chest. "I love you too." You weren't sure how he would pull it off, but you wanted to believe that Ahkmenrah was telling you the truth when he said he would take you home. "We'd better go. I'm not sure how long that octopus will be able to keep your brother distracted."

"You're right. I think that the exit is this way." Ahkmenrah says, leading you down one of the many corridors of the archives.
You eventually reach the exit but to your dismay, it was gated off by a security booth. "We'll need to climb over." He says, already beginning to crawl up the fence.

You try to follow, but your poofy English queen dress restrains you. You let out a huff of frustration. "Ahk, I can't get up!" You call.

Your boyfriend frantically looks around. "Maybe there's a way to open it from the other side?"

Your heels clack against the floor as you search the edge of the gate, looking for another way out. "I can't find anything!" You nervously shout. You look around and a glimmer catches your eye. Your gaze falls on a sharp knife left behind by one of the Huns. You quickly pick it up and begin slicing away the fabric on your ball gown. You feel a pang of guilt as you watch the beautiful fabric fall to the ground, but continue cutting nonetheless.

By the time you finish, your gown is noticeably shorter, only reaching down to a little above your knees.

You dart to the gate, right as you begin to hear the soldiers shouting as they run towards you. You quickly climb up the fence with ease and hop over the other side into Ahkmenrah's arms. You blush as your faces are only inches away from one another, and you kiss his cheek as he gently sets you down. "Thanks for catching me." You say.

"No problem..." Ahk's gaze travels down to your exposed legs, and his cheeks turn dark red. It was considered scandalous in the days of old for a woman to show anything from her feet to her waist in public.

You smirk and run your hand down his arm. "What's the matter, Ahk?" You tease.

"...uhh nothing at all!" He quickly stutters, hiding his newly reddened cheeks.

The two of you approach the exit sign and begin walking up the stairs to the outside world.