Din Djarin | Negotiations

life man,, back on my mando comfort shit
you know the drill, little/child reader

After successfully sneaking up into the cockpit of the Crest, you tugged urgently at Din's side.
You already braced for him to be jumpy and chide you for being up past bedtime, but he just calmly turned to you, cocking his head slightly.
"Hm?", he prompted gently. "What's up, kid?"

You fiddled with your shirt nervously, before gathering up the courage to ask for another cookie.
"Can I... can I have another one? Please?"

He huffed, "I know we just made them today and you're all excited about them, but you've already had four earlier. And the sugar is not gonna help make you sleepy."

You pouted.

Din cocked his head further and sighed, "stop that. I'm serious, stop it."

"Jus' another one. 'S the last one, I promise!"

Din just looked at you through his visor for a long moment, then sighed once more and shook his head. He knew it was in vain to fight you on that right now.

"One condition-"

"Yes! Anything!", you jumped up at his side and started pulling him out of his seat.

"- you'll eat one of the fruits we got at the market last week with the cookie."

Your arms flopped to your side again.

"You want that cookie or not?", he asked, challengingly.

Annoyed you grumbled,  you didn't want to eat that stupid fruit.
... But you really, really wanted another cookie.

Din chuckled and put a hand on your back, walking you towards the small kitchen.
"Come on, then."

"What about half a fruit?", you tried to bargain on the way down into the Crest.
"It's a fruit and the cookie, or no cookie."

"A small fruit then?", you tried again.

"I'll choose the fruit", Din replied, leaving you no room to argue further.

He got out the fruit first, so you wouldn't get any ideas, running off with the cookie again, without holding up to your end of the deal.

"But you needa peel it", you piped up, just when he was about to start cutting it.
"Kid, you know it's healthier if we don't peel it."
"But I don't like it then!", you whined.

"Alright, alright. I'm going to peel it, then cut it into those little shapes you like, okay?"

"Yesss, thank you!", you grinned.

"But this is the last time I'm doing this, you hear me?", he said, while starting to peel the fruit, cut it into small pieces and arranging them on your favourite plate.
"You want another bottle, too?"

"Mhm... 's gonna be good to get sleepy again", you yawned.

"You sure, you'll even need it?", he chuckled, but held up his arms in surrender when you shot him a look.
"Milk with a spoon of honey, got it. We need that, just like we need a fifth cookie."
Din very skillfully ignored your pout, while finishing up your plate.
After he was done with the milk, he also got out another cookie, breaking it in half for you and put it next to the little pieces of fruit.

"You know our rule, eat both of them at the same time, otherwise you won't finish the fruit."

"Yesss, yess", you made grabby hands at the plate.

"Alright, here you go. I'll take the bottle, it's still hot. Be careful with the plate, don't tilt it too much, little guy."

Once you made it back to the bunk, Din stayed with you until you were finished with the plate and cuddled back into the blanket with you.

"Don't you need to go up again?", you asked tiredly. You felt a little guilty for keeping him with you for so long already.
"It's fine", Din reassured. "I'll stay, 'till you finished your milk and I'm sure by then you'll be fast asleep again.
If anything's wrong, you know I'm right above you."

"Yeah. I know", you agreed and snuggled into his side, letting him hold the bottle for you.