Chapter Seven.

It's a weird Saturday morning, last night I drifted off to sleep, thinking about whether I can be comfortable with him or not.

As he said, he had no intentions of being a good husband, and whatever I think I should try and make him one. Because I can't live like this my whole life. I want a family, I have some dreams which I want to accomplish.

I want kids.

And I can't just have kids like this. He doesn't even look at me with affection. It's not like I want to use him to have kids, of course not. I want him to be here with me. I want to start a life with him, the life married couples lead. You know? A happy life, a life full of love and stuff.

He's twenty-seven for god's sake, doesn't he think about his life? How can he live like that? Everyone wants to have kids.

Okay, maybe not everyone wants to have kids but I do. He should respect my decisions. 

Well, we haven't even hugged or kissed yet, so thinking of having kids? Let's laugh.

I don't want to have kids right now or like in the near future, maybe in a couple of years? but I do want them so should I just start suggesting? Maybe that'll do wonders and our relationship will finally start working?

But this stone, he's such an anti-romantic. It makes me frustrated. 

He went out in the morning for a jog which by the way is a must for him on the weekends, he never once asked me to join him, not that I'll go willingly with him because I'm cranky in the mornings but he could just ask. But he never does.

He came back around nine a.m and had his breakfast then he told me he'll go out in the afternoon and won't be back till midnight or so and I didn't even ask him where he was going. 

So, now I'm sitting in the living room while he's in our bedroom probably working or something.

I take a deep breath and close my eyes. Now, what will I do the whole day? Stare out of the windows? Stare up at the ceilings? or start a new book maybe?

I freaking don't know. 

My useless thoughts are interrupted by my husband when I hear him calling my name, I open my eyes and find him standing in front of me. 

He seems ready to go somewhere, but didn't he say he'll be going in the afternoon? I get up from the couch and face him.

"Are you going somewhere?" I ask him, he rests his hands in his pockets and nods. 

He looks devilishly handsome in his navy-blue suit.

Wait, he's wearing a suit, that must mean he's going somewhere for work?

He never stops working, does he?

"I just wanted to let you know." He says.

"Let me know what?" I ask. He takes a step towards me.

"Well, I'm leaving now and I don't know when I'll be back." He says, I frown. What does that mean?

"Won't you come home by midnight?" I ask him. He shakes his head.

"I don't think that I can, I'll try coming back tomorrow but if I can't," He places his hand on my cheek and I suck in my breath. "I want you to take care of yourself, and be careful, okay?" 

"But why?" I ask, I'm asking him the reasons for everything he just said.

Why won't he be able to make it till midnight?

Why should I be careful?

What's going on?

"I have some work, I'll be going out of town for work so it's difficult for me to come back till midnight or even tomorrow." I look into his eyes and for a second I see

Anxiety?

"Why should I be careful?" I ask him, He looks away from me and removes his hand from my cheek, much to my disappointment. 

"Don't ask questions, just listen to me, do not go outside alone, check the doors before going to sleep and lock your bedroom door too, do you understand me?" 

"You're scaring me, Aiden," I whisper because it's like I've lost my voice now. He's scaring me so damn much right now.

He takes a deep breath.

"There's nothing to be scared of, just listen to what I just said, okay?" He says. I nod. Whatever it is, I hope he's not in danger. Why would he be? I hope, he could tell me the things that are bothering him.

"Okay then." He turns and starts walking towards the main door, I follow him with a heavy heart. I feel sad and empty. He's going out of town for the first time since we got married, or maybe he's been going out of town without telling me. Who knows?

He opens the main door and looks back at me. 

"Goodbye," I say because what else am I supposed to say?

He nods and steps outside. I go back into the living room and watch him walk towards his car, there is an uneasy feeling in my chest.

Should I go outside?

I know I'm going to miss him, just as well do whatever I want to do before he drives away. I rush to the main door and open it, I hesitate for a moment but it's now or never.

He must've heard the door opening because he stops walking and turns around. Our eyes meet and my heart seems like it's going to burst. I take a deep breath and tell myself that he's not going to kill me.

I hope.

 I start walking towards him as he patiently waits for me to reach him. The changes in him are so noticeable that I want to believe that he's trying to give this marriage a chance.

But you never know when you could be wrong, can you? 

I stop in front of him and look up at him just to meet his beautiful eyes looking down at me.

"What is it?" He demands. 

"Uh... well, take... take care." I blurt out, he smiles a little.

"Are you that scared of me? You don't seem like you are at times." I avoid his eyes but then remember why I came here. I look at him again and he's still looking at me.

I clutch his shirt and he looks down at my hand, I know he's taken aback by this sudden contact I've never touched him like that before and it's only right for him to be shocked.

I'm getting nervous now and it's getting worse.

I close my eyes and take a step towards him. Slowly, I wrap my arms around his torso and rest my head on his chest.

Now, either he's going to push me away or he's going to kill me.

Why didn't I think this twice? Why did I do this? 

I can hear his heartbeat, it seems normal. I don't know. 

There's still time to pull away and act as nothing happened, right?

I should jus-

My heart nearly comes to my throat when I feel his arms around me.

What the actual heaven?