Possessive Sal x Reader (pt.17)

LOOK AT MY PUPPY!!!!!! I have too many cute date ideas so I'm making a new book! I've started already; I've got some (mostly) gender neutral oneshots in the works 🤪💪

"Okay, I'll let you guys eat lunch now. Don't forget to bring some gLitTeR- OKAY, I SAID I SURRENDER," Larry screeches. 

"Ha! Okay, I'm kicking you out for real this time. Thanks for helping me not have a panic attack," I laugh and push him out of my room after hitting him with a pillow a couple more times.

"Anytime, dude/dudette," he chuckles and pats my head before exiting.

"Hey... You can call me anytime. I don't care if I'm in school, or my dad wants me at home. I'll always come over if you need me," Sal hugs me from behind. 

"Thanks, but I don't want to get you in trouble," I sigh and lift one of his hands from my stomach to kiss his knuckle.

"I won't get in trouble. I know how to lie," he chuckles and kisses my neck softly, letting me hold his hand.

"If you say so, love," I smile and let go.

"Come on, get ready to go," Sal kisses my cheek and drops his arms from my figure. "We're leaving in fifteen minutes."

And with that, he walks out, shutting the apartment door behind himself. I get ready faster than I ever have before (legwarmers and wool shorts in the middle of winter ftw), and quickly shove my stuff in the pockets of my oversized sweater. As soon as I'm done adjusting my legwarmers and tying my shoes, I grab a jacket and hat, and knock on Sal's front door. 

"Oh, hello, um

"Oh, hello, um..."

"Hello, Mr. Fisher. I'm Y/n, Sal's partner/boyfriend/girlfriend," I smile up at the tired, blue-haired man holding the door open. 

"Ah yes, I remember now. Come on in," he gives a halfhearted smile in return and gestures me in. "Sal is on the phone with Larry in his room."

"Thank you," I nod and knock softly on his door, but he doesn't respond. What's that about?

I frown and press my ear against the door like the nosy bitch I proudly am, only to hear Sal raising his voice. He's not yelling, but he's damn close. I can't figure out what he's saying, but I can hear Larry yelling back over the phone as their argument continues. 

I pull away from the door and cover my mouth with one hand. How am I supposed to feel? I've never seen my own boyfriend act like this, and to hear him treating his best friend like that? What the hell?! Maybe Larry yelled first, but I doubt it. I pull my sleeves over the palms of my shaking hands and take a few deep breaths, trying to calm myself. 

It doesn't work as well as I would like. I silently curse Henry for not stepping in and leaving the room, before wiping the tears from my face. I hesitate, debating if I should knock, walk in, wait for him and pretend I didn't hear anything, or leave. None of these options sound like they have a pleasant outcome, and I wish I don't have to choose one.