THIRTY SIX

XXXVI

OBLIVION      . . .      𝑏𝘰𝘰𝑘 1
﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
Rafe Cameron ━━━ CALLISTA MAYBANK
He soon learnt that in this world the only person he could really count on was the girl.

ACT ONE

━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Cal laid on her bed anxiously tapping her stomach as she waited for a call or text from Rafe. She hadn't heard from him since she left his house, and that was a good few hours ago. It had gone dark now and Cal was home alone. JJ had gone out with the pogues and Luke was out, probably passed out on the side of the road.

The red head shot up once her phone started ringing, she quickly answered it without any hesitation.

"Hello?" She waited desperately for Rafe's voice to come from the other side but instead she was met with JJ's voice.

"Hey, I'm on my way home, just thought I'd let you know." JJ spoke loudly, over all the other pogues who were all cheering about something. Cal just hummed in response, she wondered what had got them all happy but decided it would be better not to ask. "I'll see you soon, Cal."

"See you soon." Cal ended the call and let go of a dramatic sigh. She closed her eyes for a moment and decided to just take in the little bit of peace that she has left before JJ came home and her dad eventually stumbled through the doors.

She couldn't help but have an uneasy feeling as she thought about Rafe. This was the longest she had gone without hearing from him and she didn't know what to do. Part of her wanted to go over to his house to check that he was okay, but she knew that there was no way that Ward would let her in.

The girl groaned once she heard the faint tap on her window, JJ has probably forgotten his keys. She reluctantly pulled herself out of the bed and flicked on her bedside light. She made her way over to the window and drew back the curtains.

Her mouth parted in shock slightly once she saw Rafe standing there with a pleading look. She quickly opened the window and took a step back so that he could climb in. The boy didn't say anything, instead he threw his arms around the girls waist and nuzzled his head into the crook of her neck.

Cal didn't know what happened, she was stunned by his random outburst of affection. Rafe wasn't an overly affectionate person, he only hugged Cal if she needed it or if they were asleep. But this time-it was him who needed comforting.

The girl wrapped her arms around his shoulders and threaded her fingers through his hair. She gently pressed her lips against his temple and looked up to him as he pulled away.

Rafe didn't say anything, instead he turned to close the window and draw the curtains. He took a seat on the bed and let out a long sigh. The girl slowly walked up to him, she stood between his legs as his hands cupped the back of her thighs.

She ran her hands through his hair, watching as his eyes rolled into the back of his head in pure bliss. Cal smiled down at the boy, from the few minutes he had been there, she had noticed how much he relaxed.

"You look hot tonight." Rafe mumbled as he looked up to the girl. She was in one of his old shirts and it hung off of her shoulder and came mid thigh. Her hair was a mess and shoved up but still she was prettiest girl he had ever seen.

"What happened, Rafe?" Cal questioned knowing that the boy was just trying to distract her from the real reason that he was at her house.

"He kicked me out, I didn't know where to go." He whispered guiltily.

Truthfully, he could have gone to the Glisson's as they're in Sun Valley all summer and their house was empty, but right now he just wanted to be with Cal.

"I just need a night then I can find somewhere else, I promise." Rafe whispered again, in fear that the girl was going to tell him to leave.

Cal cupped the boys cheek and tilted his head back so that he would look up at her. Her eyes softened once she saw how broken he was. He couldn't even muster up a smile to pretend that he was okay in front of the girl. She slowly leant down and pressed her lips against his momentarily.

"You can stay as long as you need, baby." She responded as she pressed their foreheads together.

"Cal!" JJ shouted as he walked in the house. Cal jumped up and away from Rafe and quickly rushed out of her bedroom so that her brother wouldn't find out that Rafe is there.

"Yeah?" Cal spoke up as she closed her bedroom door and came face to face with JJ. She was thankful that she got out in time because it looked as if he was going to walk into her bedroom.

JJ furrowed his brows as his eyes flickered down to the door handle that the girl gripped so tightly that her knuckles had turned white. But he didn't say anything, instead just let it slide.

"Dads passed out on the couch." JJ spoke slowly. "Thought you'd ought to know."

Cal smiled thankfully. She hadn't even heard Luke come home. She wondered if it was before or after Rafe got there. She was glad that he hadn't come home in a bad mood and try to take it out on her whilst Rafe was there. That wouldn't have gone down well.

"Imma hit the hay." JJ chuckled at the saying. "Night Cal."

"Night." Cal whispered as she quickly slipped back into her room. Her eyes landed on Rafe, who had curled up under her blanket and fallen asleep. She allowed a toothy smile to form on her face at how peaceful she looked before climbing into the bed beside him. "I love you too." She whispered, thinking back to a few hours ago when he admitted that he loved her for the first time in front of her dad.

socials
instagram ~ vxidcameron & em.newman
snapchat ~ emilynewman1234
tik tok ~ vxidbucky & leeandhan