1.

hello! welcome to my fic! if you're new here, welcome, and if you're coming from either of my previous fics, welcome back. let's get started :]

tw: gender dysphoria, very very brief mention of afab chest (assigned female at birth), joking violence

"Welp." Ranboo clapped, leaning back into his pink unicorn gaming chair. "That will be the stream for today. Make sure to subscribe if you can, it really helps me out and you are just cooler than everybody else." His chat was filled with people saying goodbye and he smiled. Ranboo loved his chat, the community he had built, it really was the best he could ask for. He moved his mouse over to the 'end stream' button and yelled into his mic before pressing it, making his twitch account go offline and his stream to end. He ruffled his hands through his fluffy hair and ran his hand down his face. His eyes flicked to the bottom of his monitor and he saw that the time was 3:36 am. He didn't know whether he felt tired or not so he decided to go down into his kitchen and get some food. He turned off his monitor, which plunged his bedroom into darkness, and stumbled his way to his door. He eventually found the handle and twisted it, allowing the light from the hallway to flood his room. His joints felt stiff as he he dragged himself down to the top of the staircase. He hopped down each stair with his long legs and with each step was a reminder. Reminder that he wasn't a real boy. His bastard chest. He hated it so much. He usually wore binders but since he had only been streaming that day he had decided to not bother. Eventually he made his way to the kitchen and opened the cupboards. Scanning the food they had he spotted the box of cheerios at the very top, out of reach to most of his family. He remembered he had put it up there because his sister kept stealing it, she was only 5'3 so she definitely couldn't reach. Sometimes Ranboo thought about drop-kicking her because she was so short but knew their parents would skin him alive. He got out a bowl and some milk and poured in the cheerios. When the bowl was full enough for his stomach, he took the milk bottle and drowned the loop-shaped cereal. He smiled at his masterpiece and threw the milk back in the Samsung refrigerator. After grabbing a spoon, Ranboo clambered onto the kitchen island and crouched there, very gremlin-like, eating his cheerios. He ate his cereal slowly, staring into space, thinking. Thinking about how he was going to meet his best friend in the whole world in just a few days. And not only was he going to be meeting him, he was going to be living with him for four whole months. Now that he thought about it, Tubbo would probably try and murder him in his sleep, but he was still excited. Sleep. Oh shit. Ranboo hadn't come out to Tubbo as trans yet. Tubbo thought he was cis. Ranboo couldn't sleep with his binder on, that would destroy his ribs and ability to breathe, but was he ready to tell Tubbo? Would Tubbo be uncomfortable sharing a room with him if he found out? Ranboo's hand went limp as he sat there, deep in thought, and his bowl full of cereal and milk fell clattering to the ground, spilling its contents everywhere. Ranboo was pulled out of his head very abruptly and saw the mess he had made.

"My cheerios :(," Ranboo whined. He probably should have been concerned about the fact he had made a mess of his parents' kitchen rather than losing his cereal but it was 3:50am, he wasn't about to think rationally now, was he? He shuffled from his perch on the kitchen island and made is way carefully to where they kept the rags. He grabbed a random rag from the top of the pile and threw it onto the milk that was splattered all over the floor. Ranboo stood and watched the fabric soak up the white liquid. God he was tired. He bent down and began mopping up the floor. When he had finished, Ranboo rinsed the cloth out in the sink and hung it over the tap to dry. The floor was back to its clean state, albeit a bit sticky, but that didn't matter. Ranboo snorted as he had this thought. He had put the bowl, that had somehow not smashed, in the sink after rinsing it and walked up the stairs back to his room. As he was walking down the hallway he saw his sister's door. He stared sadly and the white painted wood, knowing his sister was fast asleep behind it. Ranboo's parents wouldn't let him come out to his sister. Or his brother for that matter but he wasn't as close with him because of the large age gap. It pained him to keep such a big secret from someone he cared so deeply about. He knew that she would accept him, she was old enough to not disown him as her sibling, but his parents still wanted him to keep it a secret. Maybe they thought that he might change his mind. Ranboo wouldn't change his mind. He knew he was a guy. But still his parents needed one way to deny the fact that they lost their precious "daughter". Ranboo sighed and walked to his room. He closed the door and flung himself at his bed. He lied there, in the darkness, for a few minutes before his phone buzzed. He rolled off off the comfy mattress and shuffled his lanky figure over to his desk. The message was from Tubbo. Ranboo picked up his phone and walked back over to his bed, getting under the covers before opening the message.

Tubbo

hello big man

Ranboob is typing...

Ranboob

what do you want short child

its 4am

Tubbo

wow

ok

rude

anyway

just wanted to message my favorite streamer

Ranboob

how much sleep did you get last night?

Tubbo

pshhhhhhhh

sleep

we don't know her(that's true for me)

we don't need her(this is so true for me pog)

Ranboob

duuuuude

sleep

now.

Tubbo

ok mum

no though <3

Ranboob

go

to

sleep

Tubbo

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Ranboob

because you need sleep and i don't want to meet up with you when you're all sleep deprived and grouchy

Tubbo

you cant cancel the trip

Ranboob

i could

now sleep

Tubbo

fine

i will try

Ranboob

thats a start

goodnight bee boy

Tubbo

goodnight tall man

Ranboo turned off his phone and plugged it in the charger, placing it on his bedside table. He lied there, staring at the ceiling. He sighed. He was excited to meet Tubbo, of course he was, but he was also scared of the fact that Tubbo didn't know he was trans. He had to come out at some point, I mean they were going to sleep in the same room for God's sake. He just didn't know how.

A/nd that's the end of chapter 1 !
i hope you enjoyed!

you are amazing and loved and valid and so so so so so worth it. take care of yourselves. drink water, eat something (even if it's small), take a shower and bind safely if you bind!