XXVI. The Jedi, The Padawan and The Mandalorian

Eventually Din fell asleep beside Kaira and Grogu, leaving BB-4 to lead the ship. That's why when the trip has come to an end it's also up to it to wake them up.

He rolls next to the Mandalorian's boots and beeps. Din is still not used to having a droid around and gets up quickly pointing the blaster at it, causing the droid to run to hide
Grogu babbling makes the man calm down again.
He looks down at the kid and picks him up, then offers a hand to Kaira, who takes it with a smile before getting up. 

*Kaira's point of view*

Outside it's raining, a rare thing for the planet, so the three of us stay inside waiting for the weather to get better.

Din occupies one of the seatson the back to give Grogu some food, while I stand in front of the window, looking outside. The blast wound on my leg is almost healed thanks to Din's bacta spray, so being up isn't troubling me.
I'm worried about seeing Luke again, I knows he will immediately know about me and Din, and that he will make me choose between the Order and the Mandalorian. It's a decision I don't want to make.

After a few minutes I feel the cool metal of Din's vambraces hugging me, and his chestplate leaning on my back. I turns my head to see his helmet laying on myshoulder and I smile.
"Hey" he says
"Hey... this feels new, but good"
"I'm sorry if i's weird, I'm not a hugger"
"I know, and it's okay. You are you, and that's what I like the most"
"Thank you, mesh'la"

"Are you ever gonna tell me what that means?"
"You really want to know, huh?"
"Well, the big I-like-you truth is out so why not"
"Okay, okay. It's a word in Mando'a, but that I know you figured out already. It means 'Beautiful'"
I turn to him to look at where his eyes would be, with warmth spreading in my body depite the cool temperature.
"Oh, now I get it, those feelings of yours have been there for a lot"
"Uh, yeah, quite a bit"

Shy Din. My personal favorite.

"That's funny" I say putting my arms around his neck
"What is?" 
"As a joke, a while back I remember you calling me mesh'la for the first time without translating it, so I wanted to tease you answering with something from my native language... and I called you carino, which is 'handsome', pretty close to what you said.
"Really?"
I nod
"I don't think it was a coincidence" he whispers as our foreheads touch "The Force made us meet each other"

"Din?"
"Yes?"
"Stop being cute or I'll get used to it"
He chuckles.

We stay there until the sun shines again.

We exit the ship to see the trees and nature familiar to me and the Padawan. We walk by Luke's droids, which help him buiding things and do heavy work. We also see R2D2, monitoring the works.

"R2! I'm back!"
He beeps seeing me and my droid rolling up to him. 
He communicates me that Luke is out. Thank the Force. I wasn't ready for the conversation
"Okay, we'll come back in a while then. We have to look for a new ship anyways. See you"

Knowing that Luke isn't here makes me feel free to stay closer to Din, so I take his hand, lacing my fingers with his. I lead him and Grogu under my favorite tree, the one we use to meditate.

There we sit together to relax a bit.

*Din's point of view*

Sitting here with Kai and Grogu, feeling the breeze and the beauty of nature make me feel like it's what my life is supposed to be. No running around, no hunting awful people, but here with my two priorities.
And I want that forever.

"Kai, can I ask you a thing?"
"Sure" she smiles at me, and as I admire her soft hair and lineaments I pop the question
"Will you be part of the clan Mudhorn?"
She freezes and looks at me, and I panic. My social anxiety tells me I did something wrong so I try to correct it
"It's for mutual trust. We assure our protection in exchange for yours... It's only if yo-"
"Yes, yes!" She put her forehead on my helmet "Of course I want to. Does that make us a family?"
It isn't actually that, but it can be for us.
I nod.

Relief. And happiness. Kai is with us now. Our clan of three.

*Kaira's point of view*

After a while we are back the Spark, ready to leave. Din and I walked here hand in hand, with him holding Grogu with his free one. I can't help but smile as I take off, but also think about the same thing all over again.

Jedi or not? What should I do? The Jedi way don't allow this, but I can't give up being a Jedi,and I surely can't give up Din. If I return to the Jedi temple I'll be what I always wanted to be, and Grogu will be with me too... But he will remind me of that man in beskar that wasn't there by my side. If I decide to be with Din I would break the Jedi rules that prohibit all types of attachments, and what if one day I regret it...?

I look at the Mandalorian as he feeds Grogu a frog we found on our way, and a smile a little. I can't separate my dream and my love, my mind and my heart, the Jedi way and Din... I won't separate them. When I discovered the truth about my father I also learned about the life of Anakin Skywalker, who had a similar situation. I'll admit it, it didn't end well... But it doesn't mean it will be the same for me.

Din looks at me, making eye contact with me. I smile, and I feel him smiling too. Grogu looks at both of us happily,and he makes me remember what Din said to me 'Grogu is my priority, but so are you'. And like that my decision is made, I'll be both things. I'll be a Jedi, a fighter for the good, and I'll be a lover, a mother. And if one day I'll have to decide, I'll follow my priority: my two favorite boys. The ones that right now are making a mess while eating!
"Grogu! Din! What are you doing?! Look at the floor, it's filthy!" I have to get up and solve the problems... But I love these mom duties.

A/N
After this, only one last final chapter left.
See you next chapter!

-Haar'chak_Kaira