4.

Tw: mention of loss of a pet, transphobia, dead naming, using wrong pronouns on purpose, unsupportive parent, t slur

Ranboo sat in his pink unicorn chair, hunched over is PC. He was on a survival world that he played on for fun off stream and was actually quite proud of. His main house was a lakeside cottage with a mine behind it. Then up on the hill he had his farm that had different areas for all his crops. Above that was his chicken, cow and sheep farms in the shapes of barns - those had been annoying to build, especially with the goats jumping around everywhere. There was a path around the back of his crops that lead to his zombie xp farm that was very useful. Then across the lake from his house there was a tower-like structure that had his chests that he couldn't fit in the basement of his house. He ran to the side of his house and across the bridge to his villager trading hall. He had started it a while back but had gotten distracted by his largest build yet. Or almost yet. Around the back of the lake, farthest from his house, he was flattening three large hills to build Hogwarts. He had had the idea a while back when building the villager hall and moved onto it almost immediately. He began absentmindedly mining away at the stone, listening to music.

He had been mining for about 45 minutes when his phone buzzed on his desk next to him. He paused and checked the notification. It was his mom telling him that dinner was ready. Ranboo sighed and took off his headphones and pushed himself to his feet. His knees were stiff from sitting scrunched up into his chest for so long and he nearly fell over. Once he had regained his balance, he cracked his back loudly. Shoving his phone into his back pocket, he headed to the downstairs. Ranboo opened the door to the joint kitchen and living room and Pinot, their golden retriever, came bounding up to him. They had only gotten her a few months ago, since their other dog died about a year before. She was a sweet puppy, very hyper, but sweet.

"Hello, Pinot, yes I missed you." He leant down to pat the dog and she jumped up and leant her big paws on his knees. He smiled and ran his hands through her silky fur.

"Sweetie come and get your food." Ranboo looked up and nodded. First he walked over to the pantry and grabbed a treat to put Pinot into her crate. Pinot munched happily on the treat as Ranboo walked over to the pot of steaming spaghetti. He scooped some onto his plate, grabbed a fork, and walked over to the table where the rest of his family was sat. They had already begun eating but this didn't bother him. He sat himself between Rin and Benji, his brother.

"So," his mom began, "Nessa, how was the stream?" Ranboo opened his mouth to reply but before he could say anything, Rin cut in.

"Ranboo," she said, flatly, not looking up from her plate. Their parents stared at her in confusion, Ranboo looking down, biting the inside of his cheek.

"What?" their mom said, obviously trying to act cool. Rin looked up and stared their mom right in the eyes.

"You got his name wrong." Ranboo's eyes were flicking between Rin and their parents, unsure of what was going to happen.

"No, her name is Vanessa, I'm pretty sure I would know. I was the one who named her after all."

"But that's not his name," Rin bit back. Ranboo's dad was looking scared of what his wife would say next and Ranboo didn't blame him, his mom could get scary.

"How do you know?"

"Because he told me." Their mom stared at Ranboo with burning eyes.

"I told you not to tell her," she spat. "She's too young."

"Why am I too young?"

"You don't understand all this complicated stuff."

"I seem to understand it better than you, considering you won't even use his right name and pronouns."