Chapter 57

"Sasubai, you seem disturbed?" Maitreyi asked Vrushali as they both were doing morning Pooja. "No.. nothing" Vrushali nodded as continued offering flowers to the idols. "Worried about Sinu tai's pregnancy? Rajvaidya said right everything is fine" maitreyi assured. It's not about Snigdha, it's about my meenu. Vrushali thought to herself and plastered a smile, "I can't believe it's her due date in a week". "And I am so so so excited! I am going to be masi as well as kaki na" Maitreyi giggled. "Don't forget you would have double responsibilities too" Supriya said coming inside the chamber.

"Priya, who is with Snigdha?" Vrushali asked, "Radha maa and Durva are there with her Jyeshth rani. Well, should we send a letter and call Vashu here? It's just one week for Snigdha's due date na" Supriya said with puppy eyes. Vrushali rolled her eyes, "I will try to talk with Nath. Only if he says yes we are sending a letter early, okay?" Maitreyi and Supriya nodded their heads like obedient kids and resumed their work. Don't know why I feel like something is wrong with my meenu, keep her safe and happy God. Vrushali prayed mentally while lighting the diya.
************************************
"Pranipat Yuvraj, maharani has summoned you" a dasi announced, breaking Shvet's link of thoughts, he was still sitting in front of the door. "Tell her I am busy, I would meet her in an hour" Shvet said, "But Maharani was saying that it's something very important" the dasi replied. Shvet nodded and turned towards the closed door, "I would be back in half an hour, take care of yourself till then" he said and left for his mother's chamber. Behind the closed door, Vedangi lied unconscious due to exhaustion.
************************************
"You called me mata?" Shvet asked touching his mother's feet. "Yes putra, you have to leave today for Kulinda kingdom, it's our ally since many years. And now the king needs our help in something very important, you should leave as early as possible" Sudeshna spoke with concern. "Mata could you please send Shankh instead of me, I have many pending works here" Shvet said, concerned about Vedangi. "I would have send him, but Kulinda is our ally since many years and in times of need, if you the future king would go there, it would create your better image" Sudeshna replied.

"And don't worry, Shankh would complete all your pending works here. You go and prepare for your journey, you have to leave in an hour" she added. "What! An hour! Mata I can't. I would leave today evening, not before that" Shvet pleaded. "Putra if I am saying it's urgent then it would be important na! Why don't you understand. If you don't want to go, I myself will go" Sudeshna glared at him. Shvet sighed and rolled his, "Fine mata, I would go. I would take your leave now, please tell the dasis to pack my belongings" he replied forcing a smile.

"Why me? Where is your wife?" She asked, "Mata actually she is not feeling well, please do this for me" he said and left the chamber. Sudeshna smirked looking at him.
************************************
"Dasi, send rajkumar Shankh here immediately" Shvet ordered as he entered his inner chambers. "Sorry Yuvraj, but rajkumar Shankh has gone to have a look at the dam construction with rajkumar Uttar" the dasi answered. "What? Both of them, then send Rajkumari Uttara. Go" he ordered again, "Sorry Yuvraj but she had gone with her friends to the garden and won't return before late afternoon" the dasi answered. Shvet nodded negative and went towards the door of Vedangi 's inner chambers again, it was still closed.

He called twice, but there was no response again. Must be asleep. He told himself and sat on the couch, she was still unconscious, her body burning due to fever. He quickly grabbed a paper, inkblot and a peacock feather. He wrote his reason for going to Kulinda suddenly and it's urgency. He asked Vedangi to take care of herself till her returns and also promised her he would return soon. He folded the paper and kept it under the inkblot on Vedangi's desk. "Pranipat Yuvraj. Maharani had asked to inform you that, the chariots are ready along with your belongings" a dasi informed.

Shvet rose from his seat and came near the closed door again, "Swamini I am going to Kulinda for some days, on Mata's order. It's something important, but I would try to be back as soon as possible. Till then you take care of yourselves, please give me a chance to help you feel better. I love you" he kept a some yellow flowers in front of the door and left the chamber, still unwilling to leave.
************************************
"Bhargavi....putravadhu....where are you?" Kartiki entered Vedangi's chamber, searching for her. "Rajrani, she has locked herself in her inner chambers since morning, she isn't even opening the door" Aradhika replied. Kartiki knocked the door multiple times, but there was no response from the other side. Worried she called all other family members. Shankh, Uttar,Uttara even Sudeshna called Vedangi, but she was lying unconscious, trembling due to fever and cold.

"Shankh go call my bodyguards, we need to break the door. She is our responsibility in absence of Shvet" Virat said. Uttar ran down from the stairs and climbed a tree in front of Vedangi's inner chambers. He jumped from the window and found Vedangi lying on the ground trembling and unconscious, the door closed from inside. Virat's bodyguards had started to push the door from outside and Vedangi may get hurt due to that. "Stop! " Uttar said and opened the door from inside, Kartiki and Aradhika rushed to Vedangi and touched her forehead. "Hey mahadev, she's burning with fever" she exclaimed. Aradhika and Kartiki made her lay on the bed, Sudeshna sat besides her with genuine concern and summoned the Raj vaidya.
************************************
"I had told Yuvraj earlier too that she is ill because of stress" the Raj vaidya said, Vedangi slept on the bed staring blankly at everyone, she missed her maa and priyaai. "She needs rest, I have gave her the kadha. Do tell me if her fever rises" Raj vaidya left, leaving Vedangi alone with Sudeshna and Kartiki. "You were lying there unconscious the whole time! Take care of yourself. I would sleep in your chamber with you today" Sudeshna said. "No jiji, I would sleep with her, you may take rest now" Kartiki interrupted, Sudeshna nodded and left the chamber.

"Mamishree, Nath? Where is he? Why didn't he came here? Doesn't he love me?" Vedangi asked crying. "Bhargavi calm down, don't you know he went to Kulinda today, for few days" Vedangi curled her fists in anger, while she was lying in her chamber unconscious, trembling with fever, he went to Kulinda! "Jiji sent him immediately due to some urgent work. Come on have these apples now, then you have to take medicines too" Kartiki tried to feed her. "Mamishree, didn't he have a few minutes to inform me that he is leaving? I am so unimportant? I am in this palace just for doing work? Don't I have the right to know where is he going?say na" Vedangi broke down. Kartiki held her shoulders and made her lay on her lap,"When he would come back na, I would scold Shubhr in front of you and you too fight with him, okay?" Vedangi let out a watery chuckle.

"For the time being, eat these apples, you want to get well soon na?" Vedangi nodded and ate a apple slice, Kartiki rocked her hair lovingly. Amidst all these, the yellow roses and letter on Vedangi's desk, which Shvet had wrote with utmost concern and love went unnoticed.
************************************
Hey,my lovely readers! The next part is here.
Hope you liked reading it, let me know through your comments,  they are much important for me ❤️.