15.

here is the final chapter

enjoy!

tw: hospitals, gender dysphoria, vague descriptions of afab chest, unintentional dead naming, descriptions of injuries, being outed, swearing

Ranboo opened his eyes sluggishly and found he was staring at a white ceiling, bright lights hurting his eyes. He could hear murmured voices and recognized them to belong to Tubbo and Niki. There was something missing, something that he couldn't place his finger on.

His binder.

He suddenly realized the pressure that had been on his ribs for almost two full days, was gone. That could only mean one thing. Panic flooded into his brain and he attempted to push himself up but was stopped by extreme pain jolting though the right hand side of his ribcage. The others stopped their muttered conversation to look at him. Ranboo, however, avoided all eye contact, attempting to pull up the crunchy hospital sheets to cover his disgusting chest. Tubbo began to speak but was cut off by a doctor pulling open the curtains around his bed to see him better. They were tall, slim, and had their box-braided hair pulled into a bun at the nape of their neck. They were really rather stunning. However the words that came out of their mouth, Ranboo hated.

"Vanessa, is it?" Ranboo's eyes flickered. He wanted to throw up at hearing his dead name. Worst of all, the others had to hear it too, they knew his real name, they knew how disgusting he was.

"His name is Ranboo," Niki corrected. The doctor nodded and continued speaking.

"Well, Ranboo. You have broken your seventh rib on your right side, it did cause some minor pneumothorax and splinting to the right lung but it isn't serious and should fix itself within time. There isn't anything we can do to treat the break, just rest it for around six weeks, keep icing it, take ibuprofen to make the pain more manageable and stay away from sport or physical activity. And you cannot wear your binder while it is healing." Ranboo just nodded wordlessly and the doctor told him that he could go home. They left the group of them, closing the curtain to give them some privacy before they left. Ranboo painfully pushed himself into a sitting position and stared at the floor, not wanting to look at any of his friends.

"You could've told us, you know? Nothing would've been different," Tubbo said softly. Ranboo just stared down at his fingers that he was fiddling with, trying his hardest to swallow the lump in his throat.

"It doesn't matter to us. You're still the same Ranboo. You're still just as much of a man." Tears filled Ranboo's eyes and dropped down his cheeks silently. Niki walked around the bed and crouched down in front of Ranboo, taking his hands in hers. 

"I know how it feels, to be outed, and I know it's hard but know that none of us would ever think any differently of you just because you were born in the wrong body. You could have told us before, now or in 10 years and nothing would be different. I understand you wanted to keep it to yourself but you need to take care of your body, listen to it when it is screaming at you." The tears were coming thick and fast down Ranboo's cheeks and Tubbo had his hand on his shoulder. Ranboo brought his hoodie sleeve up and wiped his eyes, still not making eye contact with either of his friends.

"Ranboo, none of us care. Tommy, Phil and Wilbur are waiting at Wilbur's flat for when you are discharged, we've arranged with Tubbo's parents to let you and Tubbo stay at Wil's tonight and then Phil will drive you two home tomorrow when you're feeling okay enough." Once the tears stopped, Ranboo had no physical reaction, he just continued to stare at the floor. He wasn't angry, the truth would have to come out eventually, he just didn't want it to be like this. He wanted to be the one to tell them, but that just didn't happen. It was some freaking doctor who he would never see again was the one to tell all of his friends his biggest secret. He didn't hear the rest of what Tubbo and Niki were saying, he just sat there, exhausted. He looked around for his phone to see what time it was and Tubbo passed it to him. He ignored the million messages from Rin and just read the time. 4:23. It was only four o'clock yet it had been such a long day. All he wanted to do was sleep, sleep for the rest of his life. A light hand on his shoulder brought him slowly back to reality.