Chapter Eight

Time has flown by and it's now four days before Brinda's trial. I've never been this nervous that it could go south but now is a different story. Sexual assault cases rarely make it to court and when they do, they don't even have a full trial. Having a male as judge isn't helping my case either.

I'd usually talk to Oliver about this, but he's been busy with his own company and whenever we do get time alone, he either wants to 'make love' or talk about himself. Serene is out of town for a while, with Rachael, and is very busy with modeling and disturbing her time with her girlfriend who isn't her girlfriend doesn't feel right.

I seriously need to make more friends.

A knock came from my front door, and I stretched, setting my wine down and pulling my crop top down. I wore very short black shorts and a matching top with white socks on, my hair falling down my back. There was a man standing in front of me with a huge bouquet of blue and white flowers. "Is Mrs. Escarra here?" He asked with a clipboard in his other hand.

"That's me." He handed me the flowers and I was in absolute awe. Beautiful.

"Just sign here." I took the pen and quickly signed my signature. "Thank you have a good day miss." I closed the door as he left and looked for a card inside the hundreds of roses.

Fuck I need to see you again. Now. I miss you, butterfly. Especially your lips. - A.S

I blushed and went to set the flowers down on the kitchen counter, hiding the card in my phone case. I had been working on Brinda's case trying to make sure everything was perfect, when I got a text from him.

Alessandro
Did you get the flowers?

Me
I did. Their beautiful.

Alessandro
Only the best for my love.

Me
Where are you?

Alessandro
With your husband. Why do you ask?

Me
What?

Alessandro
His father wants to merge our companies so we're having a meeting. I might take him up on it, just to annoy Olivia. And I'd get to see you more.

Me
Can't wait to hear him complain about that all day. I doubt you'd see me; Oliver doesn't like me showing up at his work.

Alessandro
I don't give a fuck what he doesn't like. I'll take his company just because I feel like it. This meeting sucks ass.

I laughed.

Me
Wait, are you in the meeting now?

Alessandro
I am.

Me
It's very unprofessional of you to be texting your business partners wife.

Alessandro
I do whatever I want. They need me I don't need them.

Me
I bet they do. I have to go, working on a case.

Alessandro
I hope you win. I know you will. Have a good day, butterfly.

Me
Thank you. That means a lot. Have a good day, Alessandro.

Oliver had never wished me well with a case, hell half the time he could care less. I turned my ringer off before going back to my computer.

 I turned my ringer off before going back to my computer