LXII

Oɴᴡᴀʀᴅ!

With Inumaki guiding M/n through the terrain, he found it easier to watch his step in the clothes he wore but that was a problem, he didn't have much mobility to keep up with Inumaki, causing the humanoid Thunderbird to slow down

"Sorry for slowing everything down."

"No need to apologize. It's okay, if it wasn't for Yae taking your original clothes, you'd be more comfortable walking. It's also on my end as well, I have to conserve a lot of my energy so I can turn back and fly the rest of the way there. How about we stop in this small village for a while, I'm sure someone either sells clothes or has a spare change of clothes for you."Inumaki takes M/n hands and takes the lead like before, M/n knew that Inumaki was tired so he did the one thing he could think of, infusing them with some of his Electro.
"Eh?!"

"You need it more than I do, I'll gain it back over time but it seems you're struggling. So while you help me, I'll help you!"

"You're too kind, thank you."They carry on until the small village was just a few steps ahead but...The village was in rough shape and M/n could feel that it was void of elemental energy.
"This has to be one of the villages affected by the war between the Resistance and the Shogun.."

"Let's help them to the best of our abilities."Inumaki smiles brightly at M/n and they advance into the village, at first, it didn't seem like there was anyone there until a door slides open.
"What brings you here, young ones?"

"Young?"They both question as the elderly woman approaches them, seemingly after the rest of the villagers set out of their homes; curious about the two outsiders.
"We're here to help, Mama. Is there anything we can do?"

"Hmm, the land because infertile when lightning struck here a few months ago. It happened right after the Shogun found out we helped the resistance."

"I can fix that and grow all you need in a few seconds."The elder woman seemed skeptical but nods her head at M/n. Inumaki steps aside, releasing M/n's hand so he could work his magic. The elf male rolls his sleeves back, holds his arms out with his palms facing the ground. He takes a deep breath, calling all the elements to gather, another deep breath as the land seems to breathe with him, water circles above, the wind blows, and the air seems to warm up and cool down all at once.
"The son of nature.."The villagers all mummer together.

Gold orbs lift from the ground as crops break from the soil all around, other plant life starts to heal, and the stream nearby was filled with water once again. With a final deep breath, M/n opens his eyes and drops his arms back to his side.
"Whew, I managed to ward the land so this won't happen again, I also made the village sorta nonexistent to the Shogun. She'll be none the wiser, you all can rest easy and live life."The villagers couldn't believe it, tears of joy fill their eyes. Their land was back to normal and better than before.
"How could we ever repay you?!"

"Nothing too fancy, I just need a change of clothes."

"I'm a seamstress, your majesty. It'll take a bit since I'm an old soul but I promise it'll be for you."

🌸🌸🌸

After the clothes were done, Inumaki waits just outside chatting with the human who was curious about who they were.
"My word, this is a lot better!"

"Your majesty, you look-"

"Just call me M/n, I don't like royal titles too much. I feel like it puts a wall between me and others, as of now, I'm an unofficial member of the resistance, not royalty. However, I won't force you to change."

"You sound just like her... Alright, M/n. You look great in Inazumine clothes."

"Thank you and who do I sound like?"Inumaki chuckles lightly a slender finger up to their lips signaling to M/n that it was a secret for now.
"Let's head off, we should make it to Fort Mumei at nightfall. There we can rest for the night if you don't mind?"

"Sleeping in nature is never a problem!"