Chapter 16

Recap:

Partial paralysis.

My shoulders drops at the words as I continue reading. She broke her arm and has a few broken ribs. I look at the arrival date and sigh, January 2nd. I won't even be healed, Hailey probably won't even let me work and for all I know, the Coronavirus will be spreading.

I look at the CDC papers on my desk and Marly's profile as I lean back in my chair.

This upcoming year is going to be one hell of a year.

———

Present

Tatum's POV:

"This sucks," I mutter as my physical therapist and one of my close friends, Leo, helps me stretch.

"It's your first day," he says with a chuckle. I roll my eyes at his words as he places his hand on my back to help me sit up.

My first day of physical therapy of course is on New Year's Day because not many people come in for an appointment. Julie had to leave for New York for photoshoots and of course I miss her, but it gives me time to not feel like I'm being such a burden on her. She has been helping me so much and was about to cancel her photoshoots to stay with me, but I convinced her to go.

"Alright, how is your back feeling?" Leo asks as he helps me lay on my stomach so he can start a gentle massage around my spine.

"Sore," I respond and I see him nod out of the corner of my eye.  I hear the door open to the room and look to see Hailey walking in.

"Hey, Hailey," Leo says with a smile and Hailey smiles back. A light blush covers her cheeks and I roll my eyes with a smile.

"Hi," Hailey says as she pulls up a chair to the table I'm laying on.

"Can I help you?" I ask and she gasps before placing a hand on her chest.

"Am I not allowed to come see my favorite cousin?" Hailey asks and I chuckle at her words.

"Don't let Hope hear you say that," I tell her and she chuckles. Hope headed back to Seattle to pack the rest of her things to move down here. Carli went with her to help out.

"I'll make sure," Hailey responds. "Can you give us a minute, Leo?" Hailey asks. Leo nods before helping me sit back.

"Be ready for some electrical stimulation when I come back," Leo says while pointing at me.

"Yes sir," I say and he chuckles. "How has it been going?" Hailey asks.

I shrug, "It could be better." Hailey nods with a small smile.

"Well, maybe I have some news for you that will cheer you up," Hailey tells me and I raise an eyebrow at her words. "If you would like, you can still work with Marly," she tells me and my eyes go wide.

"Are you serious?" I ask Hailey.

"On one condition," she tells me and I sigh at her words. "There is always something," I say.

"Always. That condition is that you talk to someone about your nightmares," Hailey says and I chuckle sarcastically before looking down.

I have been having nightmares ever since I woke up from my coma. The only reason Hope, Hailey, and Julie know about it is because I had one when Hope was staying with me. Being the protective sister she is, she told Hailey and Julie.

"I don't need to see anyone," I tell Hailey.

"Fine, you don't go back to work till you can walk again," Hailey says standing up and my eyes go wide at her words.