Injury [chapter 10]

"Fucking damn it!" Peter cursed as he stumbled over his feet and into an alleyway that shadowed him from the view of the crooks he had been facing.

It had started off as a fight between just two low life's who'd tried to steal from a woman, but now there were almost ten of them. With each guy he took down, two more seemed to appear. It was like he was being watched. And, truth be told, Peter wouldn't be all too surprised if that were the truth. That seemed like the only plausible answer to the situation he was currently in.

He limped his way over to the nearest fire escape ladder. One hand shakily grasped at one of the steps while the other held in the blood that was trying to flow out of his stomach. Believe it or not, Peter Parker had been stabbed for the first time ever.

Injuries were common in his line of unpaid work. But never were they ever that harsh. He would get a little bruise here and there; maybe a scar or two. That came with the exception of when he fought the lizard. He'd gotten banged up pretty bad in that battle. This was the first time he'd ever been wounded so badly when fighting a group of simpletons. And man, did it hurt like a bitch.

Peter let out small groans and grunts as he climbed the ladder. He stayed as quiet as he could. It wasn't exactly ideal to have the crooks knowing where he was when, in that very moment, he was trying so hard to run away from them.

Now you may be wondering: why didn't Peter just web his way out of there? Well that, my friends, is because he was far too injured to try and swing up to a roof from the ground. That alone would probably cause ounces of blood to spill out all over the place. So instead, he chose to go to a higher ground and then proceed to the only place he knew to go.

When Peter had swung his leg up onto the first fire escape, he let out a sigh of relief. The young hero was quick to pull the rest of his body up; even though it was screaming at him to take a break. Yeah, even a mutated being like Spider-man had limits. Who would've thought?

Peter stood up and angled his arm that wasn't covering his wound upwards. A web shot out to the very top of a nearby building, and then Peter jumped off and swung his way up. It hurt all over. He managed to make it to the roof without making a sound though.

From there, he gave the villains, who were searching around like idiots for him, one last glance. His eyes narrowed when a shiny pin caught his attention. 'KP' was displayed in a silver color. Peter might've been a little dense at times, but no so dense as to not connect the dots. Those brown irises of his darted around to the other bad guys as well. All of them had on identical pins.

"I'm in so much trouble," Peter whispered to himself.

His breaths picked up in heaviness. Shaking his head, a few more curses escaped from his lips before he turned and headed straight for a certain apartment building.

Peter fell with a loud thump onto the fire escape outside of the girl's window. He was expecting that alone to bring her attention there, but it didn't. This was New York after all. For what she cared, someone could've been egging the building again. Her landowners would just clean it up later.

The hero gave it a few seconds before he knocked on the window. His fist were loud and quick when they beat against the piece of glass. That was sure to get her attention. And it did.

She looked up from the book she was reading with furrowed brows. Her eyes immediately darted to the window— the source of the sound. Peter could see her mouth moving and her brows furrowed as she closed her book and jumped down from her bed; she was more than likely muttering scoldings.

The girl walked over to her window, unlocking it with quick hands and sliding it open. She gave Peter an annoyed look, hints of concern dancing around in his eyes. Her mouth opened and closed a few times as she searched for something rude to say to him.