Chapter 15

•Dionne POV•

Having Calum in my room was... strange. I could tell he was looking around and observing the space, and somehow that made me feel the need to do the same; I had to look at the photos stuck on the pinboard above my desk, and the clothes on the chair in the corner, and the teddy bears on my bed, and wonder what Calum was thinking when he saw them all...

"You can use these." I snapped myself out of the obsessive thought process and approached my bed, picking up the fluffy blanket and extra pillows for him; luckily, I'm the type of person who needs an extra comfy bed, so I had things to spare. "I've got another blanket, too." I remembered, walking over to my closet and pulling out another fluffy blanket that was folded on the top shelf.

"You're fully prepared for this, huh?" Calum let out a chuckle as he took the things from my hands and tucked them under his arm.

"I'm just a professional fort maker." I shrugged, immediately rolling my eyes at myself even though it made Calum laugh. "Oh, I also have these." I spun around and walked back to my closet, reaching in and finding a large pair of mens tartan pyjama pants that were left over by Tyler at some point. "So you don't have to sleep in jeans." I said while cringing at the thought, then grabbed my own pyjamas out of the closet and turned to look at Calum. He was glancing down at his own jeans and then looked back up at me.

"Y'know, the first time I slept over at Michael's house back in the day, he made me sleep on a beanbag chair with no blanket. Jeans and all." He admitted, puckering his lips in a sort of bitter smile. I tried to hold back my amusement, but of course I failed.

"You didn't bring pyjamas?" I held my hand in front of my mouth in an attempt to hide my growing smile.

"I hadn't planned to stay over!" He threw his hands up defensively, and the giggle I was fighting ended up winning. I don't know what age he was, but the thought of him being as tall as he is now and trying to use a little beanbag chair as a bed was just hilarious to me. Even if he probably used it as a pillow, which is kind of more likely but not quite as funny. "I'm glad my suffering is funny to you." Calum scoffed sarcastically, taking the pyjama bottoms out of my hand and shaking his head.

"I am so sorry. That was really mean of him." I said insincerely, and he rolled his eyes - but I could see the smile on his lips.

"Thank you for the validation." He huffed out dramatically, and I giggled once again. "He literally had spare pyjamas I could've borrowed, too." He muttered to himself as he laid the blankets down on the floor by the end of my bed. "Such a dick."

I choked back another laugh, and simply shook my head. "That is pretty shitty of him." I smiled, walking over to my desk and pulling out some makeup wipes.

"Oh, am I gonna get some help taking this off?" Calum's voice came from behind me once I'd sat down and started wiping my eyes. I glanced at him and saw he was leaning down to look at his own reflection in the mirror in front of me, checking out the glitter still on his cheekbones.

"You really need help?" I raised an eyebrow, seeing him just shrug as he walked closer and leaned his hands on the desk beside me. I hummed to myself and pulled out some more wipes, handing some to him and saying "just... wipe" with a dubious shrug. I started to wipe at my own makeup again, hoping that he'd just follow what I'm doing.

"Oh this is easy." Calum said smugly, and I narrowed my eyes at him. He'd gotten a good portion of the glitter off - but when I looked closer, I could of course still see quite a few particles and patches left over.

"You got more work to do, pal."

"What??" He leaned in closer to the mirror over my shoulder, analysing his own face and seeing all those left over specks. "What the fuck?" He frowned, wiping at his face again and realising that some of the glitter just wasn't budging, or was just moving around.

"The joys of glitter." I bit my lip to avoid laughing at him, seeing him glare at me out of the corner of my eye. I just smiled and continued removing my own makeup, and then told Calum I was gonna go to the bathroom to wash my face and get changed. When I'd done that, I returned to the room in my oversized shirt and some pyjama bottoms as well as having my hair wrapped up so it wouldn't get frizzy. When I walked in, Calum had his back to me and he was just in the midst of pulling up those pyjama bottoms I'd given him. My eyes widened when I processed that I'd fully just seen his ass - his boxers were dark green, fun fact. Jesus, grow up, Dee.

I had to shake my head to push those thoughts away, and then Calum turned around to face me. "They're a little small." He said with a lopsided grin, as he looked down at the pyjamas and my eyes instinctively followed - and then immediately averted my eyes when I realised he was really underselling it, because they were seriously tight. Admittedly, maybe it wasn't so much the pyjamas being small as it was him being... well, big. Wait- oh god. Don't even think about it, Dee, just ignore it for the love of god. Don't think about his butt, don't think about his thighs, don't thing about his-

"Oh." I squeaked out, pushing the thoughts out of my head and clearing my throat. "Yeah sorry, I hope they're not uncomfortable?" I said, then let out a cough because I suddenly had a nervous tickle in my throat.

"Nah it's fine." He said, tugging down his tank top slightly and then looking me up and down and smiling. "Nice PJs." I felt my cheeks heating up at his comment, and just blurted out the first thing that nervously came to mind.

"Oh- thank you. I usually just wear a big shirt to bed, but y'know." I said as I walked over to my bed, cringing to myself because I absolutely didn't need to share that. Why is my heart racing?

"That makes sense. I usually just wear my boxers." He retorted as I threw back the duvet back on my bed, looking up at him and seeing that he was pursing his lips together but something told me he was holding back a smirk again. He said it casually, but for some reason my brain felt the need to freak out a little bit. I bit my cheek and climbed into bed, trying to ignore the thought of what he'd just said as I pulled the duvet over me.

"Can you turn the light off?" I asked as I switched on the lamp on my bedside table, and he just nodded and did exactly that before settling down on the floor with the blankets and pillows I'd given him. Instead of just going to sleep like I probably should've, I pulled my phone out and started scrolling through apps - an ongoing bad habit of mine. From the light at the end of my bed, I could see Calum was probably doing the same. For a while it was quiet, apart from a few videos I scrolled through - until I scrolled onto one that I couldn't help but laugh out loud at. I tried to stifle it but there was no luck, and it caught Calum's attention.

"What am I missing out on over there?" Calum asked, popping his head up over the end of my bed as I bit my finger to quiet my laugh.

"Just this... this bird video. It's not even that funny." I breathed out, trying to play off the tears forming in my eyes at the thought of it.

"I'll be the judge of that. Lemme see." Calum waved his hand at me to see the video, and I shook my head saying "just come and look." He climbed to his feet and walked over to my side of the bed, placing a hand on the headboard and leaning down to observe the video playing on my phone - which was of a very innocent looking parrot turning around and repeatedly blurting out "what the fuck?!" ...with extra emphasis on the 'fuck'. For a second Calum had a confused look on his face, but he was quick to start laughing which only set me off again.

"Oh that's great." Calum giggled cutely, and I glanced up to see the genuine joy showing through his squinted eyes with adorable crinkles beside them and his smile stretching from cheek to cheek. "I love videos like that-"

"I have more!" I shrilled, clamping my lips shut after realising how loud I sounded. "I got a bunch, can I show you?" I said in a lower tone, biting my lip excitedly.

"Uh- sure." He nodded, looking around unsurely for a moment.

"You can sit on the bed." I assured him, seeing a slight surprised look on his face before I budged over and pat the space next to me. "I have a lot of videos."

"I thought you were tired?" He chuckled as he carefully placed himself beside me with crossed legs, and I just shrugged.

"I got a sudden burst of energy."

A/N: a lil cute chapter :) pls comment and vote if you read
my twitter: wlldsos