| chapter thirty six. |

♚ CHAPTER THIRTY SIX ♚

"AH, IWA-CHAN, I WANT TO be here first, you can go home," the sad lonely night was broken by Oikawa's voice who suddenly stopped near the park.

The ace of Aoba Johsai also stopped, looking back with an uncertain look. "It's late, just go home."

"I want to be here for a moment," he said firmly.

Iwaizumi frowned, clearly unconvinced. He's certain that he's going to practice. The park had a volleyball court and he knew Oikawa had his volleyball in his bag. But, judging by his expression and demeanor, Iwaizumi was at a loss for words. Finally, he sighed in resignation. "All right, hurry home and don't overdo it," he said as he continued to walk away.

Oikawa didn't respond or watch his friend leave; instead, he went to one of the park benches near the lantern pole and sat. He set his bag down at his feet. Feels so unmotivated. All of this, the hard work of these three years seems to have just disappeared.

"I'll never win against geniuses," he grumbled. Looking down and covering his face.

He'd only been there a few minutes when he heard footsteps approaching. He initially thought it was Iwaizumi who wanted to drag him back home, but when he lifted his head, he saw his greatest rival and looked down reluctantly again. "Ugh, what are you doing here?"

"I just saw you by accident," Yanagi replied casually.

"Then go! I don't want to see you here!" Oikawa snapped.

But Yanagi didn't leave, he was still standing there with that annoying cold stare. "Your back..."

"What?!"

"How's your back?" Yanagi asked.

"Why do you care?" Oikawa gave him a snide look. "Just go!"

The brunette then sighed, defeated. It's better to go back into his own mind than to see his face.

Yanagi finally walked away before coming to a halt after a few steps. "You know, there are higher places than high school nationals."

Oikawa raised his head, looking at Yanagi's back which was getting smaller and smaller. He huffed with a small smirk. "Of course, I know."

○ ♚ ○

Sendai Gymnasium was busier than usual. People come to watch the match between Karasuno and Shiratorizawa.