Chapter 19

•Dionne POV•

Not long after I walked onto campus on Monday, I was accompanied by Tyler. The weekend I just had seemed to go on forever, so although I'd seen him on Thursday it felt like a lifetime ago. Okay, that may be a bit exaggerative, but one things for sure: I wasn't going to get away with not going into detail on the past few days I'd had without him.

"So, how did the date with Ashton go?" He was quick to blurt out at the beginning of our conversation as we walked towards the building where our lecture took place, immediately making me cringe to myself - which he, of course, noticed. "Oh not good? Uh oh."

"Okay no, it went fine, honestly. In fact I enjoyed myself." I admitted, and I could see the excited curiosity showing on his face. "I don't even know if I'd call it a date, though. We just got food and then watched movies at his-"

"That's literally a date."

"Okay, not the point. Anyway, Michael came along and then we all just like... hung out."

"...Huh?" Tyler sounded genuinely confused for a moment. "His friend came along? Did he invite him?"

"Nope, he literally just showed up - Ashton was kind of annoyed but it was pretty chill, actually."

"It wasn't awkward?" Tyler asked with a doubtful look, almost appearing judgemental in response to the new information. I just shook my head and shrugged - was it meant to be awkward? "Oh so that's why you don't wanna call it a date."

"Because of Michael?" I furrowed my eyebrows, seeing Tyler cock his head at me incredulously.

"Because you're not into him. Duh." He shook his head as if to say 'do I need to spell this out?', and I just bit my lip.

"I mean... how can you tell?" I asked quietly as we entered the building and I looked around, hoping not to suddenly come face to face with Ashton - or even anyone who knew him, for that matter.

"If you were into him like he's into you - which he is, so don't try to tell me otherwise - I don't think you'd be okay with his friend clocking in to your one-on-one time." Tyler scoffed, and I pursed my lips understandingly. "God, my ship is sinking." He sighed, slumping his shoulders.

In the past week or so since the party at Michaels, I'd obviously spoken to Ashton on and off during uni hours, and Tyler was pretty much always there to witness it - hence his sudden interest in this 'relationship'. He, like Sameera, saw Ashton as a really nice guy who would be perfect for me... it sucked to disappoint them, honestly. Even if Tyler is mostly joking.

"He kissed me, you know." I found myself admitting, almost immediately questioning why I would do that - I hadn't even told any of the girls that had happened. And of course, Tyler reacted with pure shock.

"What-?!" He exclaimed, and I was quick to hush him. He lowered his voice and spoke again. "When? Was it good? Wait, was it bad, is that why you're not into him?"

"It wasn't bad, honestly." I confessed as we started walking up the stairs. "I saw him again on Friday. It's a long story-"

"Bitch-"

"Alright, jesus. I asked him to help me with some photography stuff and we went down to the church-"

"Uh oh." Tyler cringed, and I rolled my eyes knowingly. Tyler knew enough about my relationship with religion and my family to know why I'd be going there for our course.

"Yeah yeah, I know. Did you know Ashton's like, seriously religious, though?" I asked quietly, again paranoid about Ashton possibly hearing our 'gossip'.