Chapter 8- Double date

After the tournament, I quickly dashed home to inform my mother and sisters about tonight.

We all went digging into my closet. "What kind of date did he say he was taking you on?" Mom asks.

"He didn't tell me, he just told me that he wanted to take me out."

"Hot," Jinora smirks.

I squeal grasping Jinora's hand. "Right?!"

"Casual or fancy?" Mom debates, pulling out two wardrobes.

"Fancy." My sisters and I answer.

"You look beautiful, honey

"You look beautiful, honey." Mom states as bursts into tears.

"Aw mom." I warmly smile.

"It's the hormones, I'm fine."

"Stop, mom you're gonna make me cry." I say as I'm in the process of curling my hair with my finger using airbending. I leave a few pieces dangling in front of my face as I grab a huge clip and clip the back of my hair.

There's a slight knock on the front door. "I'll get it!" Ikki exclaims, sprinting to the door.

I kiss mom and Jinora. "Good luck," they smile,
watching the door from the side view.

As I walk out of my room and into the main door, I see that Tahno is not standing there, but Mako.

Mako was dressed up in a blazer shirt with his signature red scarf. He looked really handsome. "Oh, I wasn't expecting you here, are you here to see Korra?"

No response. I wave my hand in front of Mako's face. "You good?"

Mako's mouth is agaped as he blinks at me. "Huh?"

"I asked if you were here to see Korra?"

"Oh no," Mako aggressively shakes his head. "I'm here to take you on our date."

"Our date?" I question, crossing my arms.

"Yeah. You, me, Asami, and Tahno," Mako proudly says.

"Who said this was a double date?"

"Tahno and I had a little conversation," Mako grins.

I shrug my shoulder as I yell out to my mom and siblings. "I'll see you guys later."

I attach my arm to Mako as we ride the air temple ferry to republic city.

"So, am I dressed appropriately?"

"You could show less cleavage," Mako murmurs.

"What was that?"

"Nothing," he coughs. "I just said yeah, you look really nice."

I genuinely smile. "Thanks, Mako. You look great too."

We reach Kwong's Cuisine. It stands four stories tall and exhibits highly extravagant exterior architecture.