17

"Hmm... Nice feed. This is very her." 

I had been scrolling through her feed right after following her so I could see what she had been posting before. She just had a few posts with pictures of her friends this year. Sobrang kaunti lang. Mga tatlo o apat, but she had lots of posts before. She looked so... carefree and happy last year and all the previous years.

She liked posting pictures a lot. Of her, mostly, but also with her friends. She was always laughing with them. Even with her stolen pictures jumping, you could tell that she was really giddy before. Makulit at masaya. I compared that to her recent posts. She was smiling without her teeth showing. There was no light in her eyes. She was prim and proper, like she always needed to be timid. 

The smile on my face faded when I realized that something must have happened this year, causing her to change. It was pretty evident. Even a stranger stalking her account would notice how much she changed. Just not the vibe, but physically, too. She looked like she lost a lot of weight, and her eyes got darker underneath. Loss of sleep, maybe. 

I looked at her photos with her friends and saw Yanna. I sighed heavily, thinking if I was betraying my friends because I never asked Kierra about Yanna. I promised that I would do anything for Hiro, but I couldn't even do this one thing... to ask. It felt wrong. I didn't want to do it. 

Besides, Hiro will go home by himself. He needed to renew his license. He said he can find her by himself if we really can't find her. I did make a lot of effort to search for her, but no one knew where she was. Samantha wouldn't tell me. She would rather die than tell me about her friend's secret. 

"I don't know who that is," Haze said when I tried asking him. "Is that my brother's girlfriend?" 

"Just send your men to find her or something," I told him. "This is for Hiro."

"Man, if she doesn't want to be found, then it's better to stop bothering her. You might just scare her away more. What are you? Stalkers?" Haze rolled his eyes, obviously not helping. 

I was at their mansion, and he was already dressed up in his pilot uniform for a flight. He wanted me to know that he was a busy man, and that finding a woman for his brother was not his business, which was true. Hindi ko rin maintindihan kung bakit hanap nang hanap si Hiro. Maybe he was worried that something bad happened to her? Was she a missing person? 

"Go to the police if she's missing or something," Haze said, shrugging. 

"No, she's not missing..." Because I knew Samantha was aware of her whereabouts. "She's hiding from your brother." I didn't know if I should laugh when I realized that. 

"Interesting." Haze nodded, smirking. "Tell my brother to stop being an asshole and just find her by himself. He's the one who has some business with her." 

There were a lot of chances where I could ask Kierra about her friend, but I didn't. There may be a chance that she also didn't know, and if she knew... Why would she tell me? Samantha, the one closest to Yanna, could not even tell me. Maybe they had this promise that they couldn't break in their friendship.