Into The Unkown Pt. 3

The Unkown was a place where strangers things existed. From the people to the land itself.

Mystery laid dormant in these woods. Towns long since abandoned. Homes now empty. People who have gone missing only to never be seen again.

It was not always like this. The Unkown was once a very different place.

It was once the home of a young boy who did not have a name.

A child of Aku.

Power Up!

Nurse: Oh my stars.

Nurse: A sick boy.

Nurse: You three are filthy.

Nurse: Oh, you poor children.

The group of nurses continued to swarm around the three of you. Brat kept pulling away from their attempts to touch you, but you and Robin simply allowed it.

Their hands were so gentle. So soft. And the way they moved was so....light. It was like they were floating above the ground.

Brat: Stop touching me!

The nurses suddenly stopped. They then moved to clear a path for another nurse. She looked like she held more authority over the others.

She looked older than the others. Maybe being in her mid to late 60s or so while the others looked to be 30 at the oldest and 16 at the youngest.

She even had a strange kind of medal pinned to her suit. She smiled sweetly as she approached you all.

Head Nurse: Long way from civilization, aren't you?

Robin looked at you and figured you were took sick to take the lead. She then looked to Brat and figured she was too annoyed.

That just left her.

Robin: Uh, yes. We're just, uh, passing through. Actually, it would be great if you could point us to the closest town, or something.

The head nurse looked to you and shook her head.

Head Nurse: Not in your condition. You all look absolutely fatigue. Especially this one.

She reached up and pushed back your hood to reveal your growing antlers.

Head Nurse: That's no good. You're lucky you stumbled upon the area's premiere medical facility.

She turned to Robin and Brat.

Head Nurse: I must insist that you rest here until you have healed up. Or at least get a full night's rest.

Robin suddenly realized how good this offer was. A bunch of nun nurses were willing to let you all rest here and take care of you?

Robin: Seriously? I mean, if you guys have stuff that you could spare for our friend, that would be great!

Brat: But we're also broke at the moment.

Then there was that.

However, the head nurse simply laughed as if she had just told a joke.

Head Nurse: Nonsense. We are a charity. We wouldn't accept your money even if you had any.

Brat was just trying to find an excuse. This all seemed a bit...odd. Why was there a charity hospital in the middle of the woods? They weren't even by any town.

And who just offers help to people like this? You were clearly under the Beast's curse but no one seemed fazed by any of this. Was this just a normal occurrence?