Tea Party

After the empress's and the emperor's major fight in the garden nothing new really happened in the palace. Almost everybody heard about the fight and heard how the emperor went back to his palace with a pale face while the empress went back with a smile on his. Both the empress dowager and the grand princess showed support for the empress by throwing a tea party the next day after the fight.

A month passed quickly after the fight and pretty much nothing happened. The empress continued to spoil his children and the first princess daughter of now Imperial Wife Yan(Who used to be Noble Lady Yun got promoted.) making them be more careful around the imperial children. The crown prince has once again ranked first in the academy adding even more people in his factor, even though he doesn't need them.

Now the empress was four months pregnant with the royal quadruplets he became plumper and his skin basically shined. He was pregnant with four children so his bump was already noticeable, and it seemed like the empress had no intention of hiding his pregnancy since he didn't wear any loose clothes but clothes that would show off his baby bump proudly, making all those who wanted to make a move nervous.

The empress did the unexpected after the month passed and called for a tea party for the main wives only. After the news was dropped the husbands immediately dropped their favorite concubines and favored the wives instead, but most of the wives refused them.

First thing first, the wives had pretty good backgrounds and the laws for women and Jin Empire wasn't as strict as the other kingdoms and empires. Even if women were still discriminated against they could still inherit positions and titles if they are first born and, or is fit for that position. There are also no rules about not showing ankles and arms, you can even show cleavage just not a lot.

The husbands who were ruthlessly rejected couldn't do anything but butter their wives up for the whole week before the tea party and tell them to put in some good words for them. They finally started seeing that their main wives are the most important thing in the household, not the concubines.

                                                                         .......

"Who does mwommy wuvs the mwost hmm?" The empress said in a baby voice with a shit-eating grin while blowing raspberries on Princess Ruan'er's and Prince Tao'er's belly.

The empress has just finished feeding and playing with the kids, they sweated quite a bit so he took the kids back to his palace to shower them, and by now his maids were used to it. The empress has become more attentive to the children so now the kids practically lived with the empress in his palace. The bed had been made bigger to fit the children and most of their clothes were here. 

The problem that the maids had with the empress was that he doted too much on the kids. Literally! It's a pain for the maids especially Li Dani after every shower. They get that the kids are cute but he really doesn't have to do this. Every time the empress showers with the kids he would stay and baby talks them and blow raspberries on their bellies, but the problem was that they were half-naked! The kids only had their diapers/underwear. on(Yes there were diapers in ancient china, just made differently. Only Tao'er wears diapers, he doesn't poop but he pees on himself) while the empress only had had his underpants on. This is horrible conduct for royals, and the prince is already getting annoyed with clothes and wants to be naked all the time.

"Mommy loves us the most!" Responded the kids in unison.

"Yes I do, Oh yes I do." Echoed the empress, his voice was so high-pitched and mush leaving the maids chocked.

'How could you be so shameless? At least have some dignity. How could we ever look at you the same way we did before? Oh, Buddha, where did our beloved cool empress do? we want a refund!' Thought the maids as they cried invisible tears. The empress himself didn't know that he just earned himself a reputation of being shameless, if he did he would probably puke blood, and respond with 'Did I get trampled on so much that me finally coming to my senses and standing up for myself earned me a cool reputation?'

After all the playing around with the kids, the empress put them to sleep and got ready for the tea party. He put on a paled purple hanfu with a flowy design, he made the hanfu himself. Even though it was flowy it was tight enough to still see the bump. The dress was simple yet graceful perfectly fitting for an empress.

The area where the tea party would be held was already arranged since this morning and the empress has already personally baked sweets for the ladies. The news of the tea party caused an uproar in high society so many were waiting to see the outcome of this tea party.

It was finally time for the tea party so the empress departed from the place. As an empress, he can't be there before the guest for a tea party. This rule was created from many incidents of the past. The noble ladies would make many mistakes and even faint sometimes because talking to such a powerful person when you just first arrive in the troublesome place can be nerve-wracking, so they made a rule where the empress would come five to ten minutes later to give time for the ladies to adjust. After ten minutes the empress arrived at the tea party.

"This lowly servant greets your majesty! May you live for a thousand years and a thousand more." Greeted all the ladies and Gers.

The Main wives weren't old, the oldest was thirty. It was Liu Quiaqio's generation that was now general, ministers, and wives., they were in charge of the empire. Liu Quiaqio's previous generation is almost retired.

"This empress accepts your greetings you may rise." Responded the empress with a gentle tone.

After going to the formalities the ladies sat down and started to talk about the hot topics in the empire currently, and he was taking in a lot of information he missed the past seven years. He missed so much in the span of seven years.

His second sister was getting married in a couple of days and he didn't know? After coming back to the past he has written letters to his family whom he hasn't spoken with for three years. His family was ecstatic seeing how fast they wrote back, but they must have been scared to tell him so he doesn't say that they were taking advantage of him being the empress. That's how shallow he was in his past life.

Liu Quiaqio's Hanfu^^

Hello guys! Some of my readers do not follow me so you probably have not seen my explanation. I will explain why I have not been updating for a while now. My school is currently having exams and my anxiety has acted up again (It was really bad this time, my mental health really went downhill.) so I took a break from basically everything. I will however continue to update my stories for you guys as soon as possible. I know how it feels to be reading a good story on Wattpad just to have it stopped so I will not be abandoning my stories. For the Transmigration of a gay assassin, I will not be making it mature because of some circumstances. I will try my very best to update the stories, and again I'm very sorry for not updating my stories and no I will not be taking a hiatus. Thank you for your understanding!

So I updated half a chapter for you guys since I've been feeling better lately.

Question of the day.

How's your mental health?